Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 09:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,235 times

Advertisements

Can someone give me an overview of Richland's. My wife and I are retired and are looking for a rural area to live within 30 mins of the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 10:08 AM

13,323 posts, read 26,778,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chase View Post
Can someone give me an overview of Richland's. My wife and I are retired and are looking for a rural area to live within 30 mins of the beach.
Well, Richlands is a bit further than 30 minutes to the beach. I get 34 miles and 39 minutes to North Topsail Beach, and that's mostly because you have to go around Camp Lejeune. It is a bit further to Emerald Isle.

Richlands has a nice, small downtown with a few shops, fast food restaurants, schools and county buildings. It is surrounded by farmland. You can easily get a house with an acre or two of land. Some of your neighbors will be military retirees.

However, you don't really have to go that far away from the coast to get rural surroundings. Parts of Jacksonville, Piney Green and Hubert are also rural. (You might watch out for the location of hog farms and cattle feed lots as the tend to smell.) Be aware that Camp Lejeune tends to make a lot of noise with artillery and helicopter flights, and it may affect Richlands also. You should also be aware the Camp Lejeune owns a lot of the waterfront, and you cannot drive through the base on Highway 172.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina