U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 06:26 AM

713 posts, read 3,472,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by giffman View Post
Its been over 8 months since the last post. Has there been any more construction activity in this development? There are a handful of lots in the 50k price range which have piqued my interest. It is a little unnerving that after several years, I'm only aware of one house being built. Anybody know what the monthly HOA dues are?
I haven't been in lately, but I understand a second one has been started, and someone has plans for a third one.

There have been some great prices on lots. I counted 27 lots sold at under $100K.

I have sent someone a note to make sure I have the HOA dues correct before I post them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 07:27 AM

1,676 posts, read 5,357,669 times
What law suits are in affect or pending with Cannonsgate?

Old 06-18-2010, 08:50 AM

13 posts, read 41,383 times
Default Cannonsgate HOA dues

HOA dues are billed quarterly at $385.35 currently. In addition a lot mowing fee of $165.00 annually is charged for umimproved lots. There is a second house under construction now. Several recent buyers have plans to build soon. There are plans for a spec house to begin on lot 33 soon. There is a current law suit in NC that has been filed.
There are lots priced from $20,000 range near highway to low 100's on soundfront presently. Activity is brisk on these buying opportunities at this time.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:45 AM

419 posts, read 1,242,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hitchcock View Post
Are there other lawsuits aside from the ones that have been widely publicized?

Old 06-24-2010, 07:26 AM

13 posts, read 41,383 times
Default Cannonsgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by giffman View Post
Are there other lawsuits aside from the ones that have been widely publicized?

I am not aware of others, however, I do know that one is filed in NC. There was one in VA that, I think, has been settled.

Last edited by sgoines; 06-24-2010 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-31-2010, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,533 times
This is true Bill, however, where else are you going to get all the amenities you get at Cannonsgate, have you been to the neighborhood, have you seen its beauty? I can't speak for Alison, but i think your sarcasm is outstanding. Keep up the good work with you statement about god in your tag line and your opposite actions twords others. Not here to judge.....

Old 07-31-2010, 09:18 AM

1,676 posts, read 5,357,669 times
Not here to judge siburron? I believe you just did.

I drive by Cannonsgate several times every week. I know the 25 year (approx) history of the development there. The number of developers that have gone bankrupt in attempting to build and the very interesting CAMA rules and regs involved in allowing the marina to be dug out. And of recent the scam which involved the Governor to jack up the prices.

But most importantly-There has been two things I have highlighted about the development here at CD. The news articles and the controversy surrounding the development (After all-Who wants to buy in to a lawsuit) and how buyer’s dollars can go much farther at other places. I wouldn't be doing my job as a buyers broker if I didn't point out these two things. But then again some of you listing brokers are just doing your job by singing nothing but praises of the development.

siburron-Judgement is the Lord's but the truth will set you free.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Hitchcock; 07-31-2010 at 09:27 AM..

Old 12-20-2010, 08:33 AM

14 posts, read 28,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hitchcock View Post

Lure of quick profits snared investors in Carolina land deals

1 arrested, 2 sentenced in mortgage fraud scheme

Old 12-20-2010, 10:17 AM

128 posts, read 432,716 times
^This is fantastic news. I'm glad those people are being held accountable for their actions.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,130 times
I understand a number of lot's bank sales is there a list of these and how can it be accessed.
VPLLC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina