Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2015, 05:11 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED83 View Post
Three more buildings were sold in downtown Goldsboro for renovation, all three will be mixed use projects with retail on the first floors and apartments on the second floors.
Great news! However, I just wish Goldsboro was as concerned with reducing the crime rate as they are renovating downtown. Crime has gotten out of hand and is worse than when I left there in 2009. Morale at the Goldsboro PD has hit rock bottom, which isn't a good sign. If it doesn't change soon, it's gonna turn into another Kinston. It hasn't gotten there yet, but it's getting pretty damn close. I've had many good memories there growing up and I'd hate to see it happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 07:27 PM

123 posts, read 522,411 times
Another new business is coming to downtown Goldsboro, Chiropractic Advantage will be locating on Mulberry Street.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:02 AM

Great news, the Governor just announced that a 150 million dollar transportation hub will be built in Johnston County.This project will help the state improve access to our ports by improving our rail infrastructure and maybe it will speed up the states plan for passenger rail service to Goldsboro and on to Wilmington.

Old 01-26-2016, 06:03 PM

Another new business is opening in downtown Goldsboro, Well Travelled Beer is opening next month on Center Street it will be the cities first craft beer bottle store offering over two hundred craft beer selections, wine and draft on tap.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:48 AM

According to NCDOT's progress report, the final section of the Goldsboro Bypass from Wayne Memorial Drive to the existing US-70 just west of La Grange is listed as being 91.11 percent complete. Although the completion date is listed as June 1, 2016, the Revised completion date is listed as March 2, 2016. As long as we don't have any more major winter storms, I think it'll open sometime around March or April. The sooner, the better. It's a much needed bypass.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
According to NCDOT's progress report, the final section of the Goldsboro Bypass from Wayne Memorial Drive to the existing US-70 just west of La Grange is listed as being 91.11 percent complete. Although the completion date is listed as June 1, 2016, the Revised completion date is listed as March 2, 2016. As long as we don't have any more major winter storms, I think it'll open sometime around March or April. The sooner, the better. It's a much needed bypass.
Hopefully with the completion of the highway some major development will take place along the route at the interchanges.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:11 AM

The NC Main Street Awards was held at the Paramount Theatre on South Center Street as part of the NC Main Street Conference and won 3 awards. Goldsboro won the "Best Outdoor Space Improvement" award because of the Center Street Streetscape project. They also won an "Award of Merit" in the "Best Infill Building Project Category" for the Goldsboro-Wayne Transportation Authority Transfer Center. In the "Best Image-Building Campaign", Goldsboro won an "Award of Merit" for the "Whatever You Do--Do It Downtown" initiative.

N.C. Main Street Awards: Goldsboro Wins 3 - Goldsboro Daily News - Goldsboro News, NCGoldsboro Daily News – Goldsboro News, NC

Old 03-18-2016, 11:23 AM

I just checked NCDOT's Progress Report page to see how the US-13 Berkeley Boulevard widening from Royall Avenue to South Drive was coming along. They appear to be behind schedule. The scheduled progress is listed as 57 percent complete, but the actual progress is listed as 44.77 percent complete. It's scheduled to be finished by December 24 of this year. I'm curious how they are widening the road due to all the businesses there. I'm going to try to make it to Goldsboro in a couple of months, so I'll check it out when I get there and I'll also check out Center Street and the US-70 Goldsboro Bypass.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:14 AM

The Super 70 Corridor Commission will be gathering at the currently unopened section of the US-70 Goldsboro Bypass for the unveiling of a "Future Interstate Corridor" sign on March 30 at 10:00 AM. It will take place at the Parkstown Road exit on the eastern section of the Goldsboro Bypass. The final section under construction is currently listed by NCDOT as being 92.51 percent complete with a completion date of June 1, but I think it'll open sooner than that. No Interstate number has been announced, but it will be chosen in May during the AASHTO meeting.

http://www.super70corridor.com/site/...EventDateID=71

Last edited by LM117; 03-24-2016 at 10:40 AM..

Old 03-28-2016, 12:51 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,020,552 times
Does anyone know why they tore down the All Star Family Fun Center or what's going in its place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina