Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2024, 06:54 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times

Advertisements

Wife and I always wanted to move to Mrytle Beach area. Noticed more rental complexes popping up there. Noticed with that it has also caused a push for more rents to be developed in Willmington as of late. We have been watching Willmington and researched a lot of growth & future plans for the city.

We have a year left with our current lease in the Triad area of the state and pondering a move to Willmington be near the beach.

Just curious what is life like in Willmington compared to other popular areas of the state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2024, 08:01 AM

7,115 posts, read 12,654,276 times
IMHO, Wilmington has a lot to offer culturally: music, theater, museums. A good selection of restaurants. It's a university town. Some very appealing neighborhoods.

On the con side, its traffic is horrendous...and doesn't seem solvable. Too many cars on too few roads.

Old 03-09-2024, 12:56 PM

17 posts, read 16,975 times
Traffic isn't horrible on the south side of Wilmington but it certainly is heavy on the north side. The whole area is growing at a pretty fast rate so traffic will worsen. Lifestyle is good with the cultural attractions, endless activities and great restaurants but there's frequent local flooding in low lying areas after a heavy rain and the area is hurricane prone. Both of those can be pretty annoying and disruptive.

Old 03-11-2024, 06:37 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
There are a lot of rental apartments being built in Holly Ridge and Sneads Ferry. Check the Evolve apartments for prices. You can drive to the Surf City beach in 15 minutes from both places. There is less traffic than in Wilmington, but you are a 30-45 minute drive to its amenities. However, you will hear noise from Camp
Lejeune from helicopters and occasionally from artillery.

Old 03-12-2024, 07:25 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Wife and I always wanted to move to Mrytle Beach area. Noticed more rental complexes popping up there. Noticed with that it has also caused a push for more rents to be developed in Willmington as of late. We have been watching Willmington and researched a lot of growth & future plans for the city.

We have a year left with our current lease in the Triad area of the state and pondering a move to Willmington be near the beach.

Just curious what is life like in Willmington compared to other popular areas of the state?
"Wife and I always wanted to move to Mrytle Beach area."

Then why are you talking about Wilmington?

Old 03-12-2024, 08:19 AM

219 posts, read 114,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Fair question, but lots of folks want to move to the MB area. So i think that's what the op meant. Most people of course would not want to move to the actual Myrtle Beach proper.

Old 03-13-2024, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartM1 View Post
Fair question, but lots of folks want to move to the MB area. So i think that's what the op meant. Most people of course would not want to move to the actual Myrtle Beach proper.
"Most people of course"

And what do you base that on?

I see new housing construction all over the place. From houses to apartments and people are moving in as fast as the are finished.

Myrtle beach "proper" is NOT just the ocean area.

"The Myrtle Beach metropolitan area is the one of fastest-growing metropolitan areas in the country, with a population of 551,126 as of the 2020 census. More than 104,000 people moved to the area over eight years, representing a nearly 28% growth in population."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrtle...South_Carolina

And this is 4 years old.

Old 03-13-2024, 02:20 PM

919 posts, read 744,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

Perhaps try reading the entire thread?

"We have a year left with our current lease in the Triad area of the state and pondering a move to Willmington be near the beach."

RIF

Old 03-15-2024, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wister View Post
Perhaps try reading the entire thread?

"We have a year left with our current lease in the Triad area of the state and pondering a move to Willmington be near the beach."

RIF
At 1st you said, "Wife and I always wanted to move to Mrytle Beach area."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina