U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 10:06 AM

22 posts, read 25,653 times

Advertisements

I got a job at MCAS, Cherry Point. After checking out houses in New Bern, Havelock, Morehead City, we found one in Newport. The people here are amazing, so friendly and helpful. I'm not used to cars driving the speed limit and *under*; I'm used to aggressive, rude drivers that tailgate you or flip you off if you're "only" driving the speed limit in the right-hand lane. The beaches are wonderful and unlike Florida I don't feel like I've been robbed. The grocery stores are noticeably more expensive than Georgia but way less than Alaska. I am excited to start my job tomorrow morning. Overall we are much happier than we expected to be. We are looking forward to great fishing this fall.

One more thing... I teach the Hebrew roots of the Bible, so if there is anyone interested in learning about the Jewishness of Jesus and the original faith of his disciples please let me know. We will be starting a home study group in the next couple of weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 09:05 AM

17,583 posts, read 10,641,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskanatheart View Post

One more thing... I teach the Hebrew roots of the Bible, so if there is anyone interested in learning about the Jewishness of Jesus and the original faith of his disciples please let me know. We will be starting a home study group in the next couple of weeks.
Sounds interesting. I have two friends who are scholars, one teaching both Biblical and Modern Hebrew (Different) and one who is a retired professor and was able to read any of 7 ancient Semetic languages as easily as we read the newspaper.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:54 PM

19,521 posts, read 17,769,056 times
Welcome, did you get a job with the base or at FRC?

Old 08-27-2014, 04:43 AM

42 posts, read 65,276 times
We're down to 3 days until our move to Wilmington. It's been a nightmare selling our house. Closing Friday morning,deposit the check and head south. I see the weather won't be very nice,but that's fine. See you at the beach.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:30 AM

99 posts, read 188,710 times
snowlady09,

We will be following close behind you. Our closing is the morning of 9/10, we will depart RI shortly after.
We have a six mo. lease, on a condo in Winding River Plantation, where our house is just being stared.
See you in Southport.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:56 AM

956 posts, read 3,593,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskanatheart View Post
I got a job at MCAS, Cherry Point. After checking out houses in New Bern, Havelock, Morehead City, we found one in Newport. The people here are amazing, so friendly and helpful. I'm not used to cars driving the speed limit and *under*; I'm used to aggressive, rude drivers that tailgate you or flip you off if you're "only" driving the speed limit in the right-hand lane. The beaches are wonderful and unlike Florida I don't feel like I've been robbed. The grocery stores are noticeably more expensive than Georgia but way less than Alaska. I am excited to start my job tomorrow morning. Overall we are much happier than we expected to be. We are looking forward to great fishing this fall.

Did you move into Gracelyn Park? When we walk our dogs, my wife and I see a home with Alaskan plates on the cars.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:22 PM

5 posts, read 5,346 times
Coastal & Snowlady,

My husband and I are right behind you both. We close October 15 and are renting a condo in Carolina Beach so we can look to purchase in Wilmington or Leland.

See you at the Beach as well!!!

Old 08-27-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Bound 2014 View Post
Coastal & Snowlady,

My husband and I are right behind you both. We close October 15 and are renting a condo in Carolina Beach so we can look to purchase in Wilmington or Leland.

See you at the Beach as well!!!
My wife and I will be visiting next week to check out the various area.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:23 PM

99 posts, read 188,710 times
Very exciting!! We are about 2.5 years into our journey, it's been a lot of fun. It took us four visits to find the right area and community for us. There is a lot to consider and a great number of very nice areas and communities. If you have a good feel for your priorities and desired lifestyle you will find a good fit in this area of North Carolina. Which areas do you think you will visit first?

We will be in a condo in WRP, for six months, after 9/10, stop by and say Howdy.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal1006 View Post
Very exciting!! We are about 2.5 years into our journey, it's been a lot of fun. It took us four visits to find the right area and community for us. There is a lot to consider and a great number of very nice areas and communities. If you have a good feel for your priorities and desired lifestyle you will find a good fit in this area of North Carolina. Which areas do you think you will visit first?

We will be in a condo in WRP, for six months, after 9/10, stop by and say Howdy.
We lived in the Outerbanks for a couple of years, on Collington Island.

That is still a possibility. Next week we will be looking from Greenville to the Emerald Isle and the communities in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina