U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 10:14 PM

518 posts, read 1,816,470 times

Advertisements

G-Vegas?? Funny what impressions people get when driving through a place and what people actually know from living there...........I do know that college towns tend to draw more diverse and artsy????? people........Didn't know about thugginess, but should have inferred. Memphis has thugs, gangs, drugs (all kinds.....you name it......meth, coke, anything you could possibly want IF you know where to go to get it). Thanks, Bellfrey for all the info.........so, the coast of Carolina used to be where the Piedmont area begins............very interesting. It is the same in eastern Arkansas (if anyone cares......) Learned in a college geology class that the Mississippi River has gradually carved in an easterly direction for the past couple of zillion years, so the most fertile parts of delta Arkansas where rice and cotton, soybeans are grown now were completely underwater then........So on I-40 about 30 miles into Arkansas you find a place called Crowley's Ridge that is unbelievably hilly where the river bluff used to be............ANYWAY, when we were in Greenville that weekend, there was a football game going on and it seemed like the town was really into it...........being a football fan, that also attracted me. The town seemed to have a little more life than the other places we visited that week......I think sprawl has also just become a way of life for the southern/southwestern city/town areas now. People are leaving the extreme cold and iffy economies in droves now........Not looking for perfection, but warmer weather and a healthier economy and friendly people would work for me..........Thanks again......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2006, 02:55 PM

110 posts, read 415,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beffrey2 View Post
Greenville 50 feet
east wilson a bit more
west wilson 150 feet

Not much difference

If you want to visit wilson let me know, I will tell you the areas to drive through, just so you miss nothing.

Many people are moving and living off of Airport BLVD, and Lake Wilson rd...as a hint
I DO want to visit Wilson! Thanks for the offer of help. It'll probably be after the holidays before I get out there again.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:00 PM

155 posts, read 202,134 times
Default Greenville vs Asheville

I would like some of the folks to tell me the difference between Greenville area. I am already familiar w/Asheville.
I live in Mo, and do not like hills, and expecially high mountains, except for a vacation. I am 63, and my family is a train ride up the coast in NJ, and AVL is not accessable except by airplaine, and there is absolutely no airport bus from charlotte like I am used to in MO.
I would think that the accessability to airports, and the shore is better, than the isolation of the mountains.
I would like your ideas on living there.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:05 PM

21,093 posts, read 23,907,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin from Oregon View Post
I DO want to visit Wilson! Thanks for the offer of help. It'll probably be after the holidays before I get out there again.

WELCOME and enjoy!

We moved to NC from Michigan in February and have LOVED every minute of it...

Old 10-31-2012, 10:58 PM

1,728 posts, read 2,197,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin from Oregon View Post
Thanks so much for all the advice. The good news is, I just got the job offer! It looks like I will be moving in about 3 months. As part of the relocation package, I will get 2 more trips to the area to house-hunt. Both Clayton and New Bern will be about a 45 minute drive from my work (near La Grange). I didn't visit Clayton on my last trip, but I have read quite a bit on this forum about some of the developments in the area. Appreciation potential is important to me, because I plan to move back to Oregon to retire (most of my family is here), and appreciation here has been pretty steep in the past few years. So to be able to buy back into this market in the future, I will need to invest in a home there that increases in value. I'm not sure when I will be making my next trip out there. But you can be sure I'll be on this forum alot in the weeks/months ahead! I'm so glad I found it! BTW - my new employer took me out to lunch in Goldsboro at an all-you-can-eat buffet style barbeque - good stuff!
I'm a few years late reading this, LOL. I would have told you to check out Pikeville, 10 miles north of Goldsboro. Convenient to Goldsboro & LaGrange but small, quiet & peaceful. I never went to LaGrange much but I would think it to be small & pleasant also.

My brother lies in Springfield, OR. We visited him there in 2000. Beautiful country there. I need to visit there again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina