U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 01:50 PM

60 posts, read 203,179 times

Advertisements

We are planning a move in a few months and have been reading a lot in the formum about the public schools and some things we have read have us concerned. So we wanted to check out the private schools as well but haven't found any information on them. We would like to be within an hour drive to the coast. If anyone has any info that would be great!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 04:45 PM

13 posts, read 63,396 times
Here is a list of private schools in the Wilmington NC area. Two good resources for getting to know NC public schools are NC Report Cards and NC Teacher Working Conditions. NC Teacher Working Conditions shows you what teachers felt about their school in a variety of topics. NC Report Cards shows how schools scored in several categories.

Do you have an area you are looking at yet?

Old 12-28-2007, 08:44 AM

60 posts, read 203,179 times
Thank you for the school links I will check them out. Does anyone know of anyone in the private schools and how they think about it? We are looking right now around the outskirts of Wilmington. We don't want to live in a big town we like a small town country feel but we also want to be close to the ocean.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:33 PM

43 posts, read 129,415 times
I am looking at Leland. It is small and outside of Wilminton. 20 minutes from the beach. There are private schools all arounf the area. Search for private schools wilmington NC and there are a lot that show.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:00 PM

76 posts, read 338,188 times
I live in southport, nc. I very highly recommend the Southport Christian School. It is only elementary students now, I think. My neighbor was a teacher there for years, and I have known several others. It is very small town comfy. Leland is just 20 miles down hwy 133 from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina