Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 02:57 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times

Advertisements

OP, have you ever spent any time in NC? The different places you mention each have their own "character" and nobody but you can say which one suits you best. I'd plan a vacation down and plan to hit the various areas, rather than relying on suggestions from people who don't know you. There are a lot of factors than just "NC is cheaper than where I am now."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 09:58 PM

2,706 posts, read 3,374,764 times
I was in NC once.....we drove down from Ct to pick up my buddy's daughter in Rocky Mount.....picked her up, pointed North and headed home.....shut down the car twice to grab something to snack on.....driving rain both ways....round trip was 20 hours. We do plan on going down, and looking for ideas where to start. Our first stop in Winding River Plantation.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:01 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer belly View Post
I was in NC once.....we drove down from Ct to pick up my buddy's daughter in Rocky Mount.....picked her up, pointed North and headed home.....shut down the car twice to grab something to snack on.....driving rain both ways....round trip was 20 hours. We do plan on going down, and looking for ideas where to start. Our first stop in Winding River Plantation.
Yeah, the rest stops near Rocky Mount won't give you a good idea of what North Carolina is really like. Enjoy your visit!

Old 01-21-2015, 12:36 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
Quote:
If you have the time, take a drive down to Sunset Beach. It s the smallest of the barrier islands and, in my opinion, the nicest. There are several developments in that area that offer a vast array of housing prices, amenities etc.

It is about a 15-20 min drive to North Myrtle Beach which has lots of shopping/restaurants as well as tourist attractions.

You have gotten some great advice! The best being "research, research, research."

Have a great time!

Old 01-21-2015, 02:48 PM

My Nephew just moved to Sunset Beach, and absolutely loves it so far (2 months).....Wife wants to stay more North of the state. We, actually, "I" started looking in SC because from what I've read (Kiplingers), they are more Pension friendly than NC.....but you know the rule...."Happy Wife, Happy Life"

Old 01-28-2015, 11:23 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
My Nephew just moved to Sunset Beach, and absolutely loves it so far (2 months).....Wife wants to stay more North of the state. We, actually, "I" started looking in SC because from what I've read (Kiplingers), they are more Pension friendly than NC.....but you know the rule...."Happy Wife, Happy Life"
What are her specific reasons for not wanting SC, and wanting to be "more North"?

Old 01-28-2015, 01:51 PM

She states she doesn't want to be too far away from family in the N/E
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina