U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2008, 11:43 AM

6 posts, read 37,727 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! My husband and I currently live in the foothills area of NC with our twin 3yr olds. My hubby really misses fishing (he was raised in Florida). Since we have no family local, we are considering a coastal move--either NC or SC (Maybe GA). Are there any coastal areas (or within 30 -45 minutes) that are good for raising families? We work in healthcare (physical therapy). Our needs are low crime, friendly community, decent healthcare and reasonable cost of living (home around $200K), and good school system. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ChelliW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 02:16 PM

83 posts, read 333,192 times
I am going to out on a limb here...but I see a post in the near future here about how great the Crystal Coast is with numerous links to slideshows. I can't wait to get up there with my camera so I can post some reality. Hang on Chelliw...its coming across any time now.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:19 PM

20 posts, read 54,660 times
Default lol re pics coming

Well, I have to tell you that Dave is really a salesman! And, his pics are phenomenal! But, I think he's right about the Crystal Coast. I would raise a family there! Ours was already grown by the time we found paradise. It's an area where you can be as busy as you want or as lazy. There is a hospital there too! There are 3 physical therapy providers in the area: Cape Carteret, Beaufort, and Morehead City plus home care providers and the hospital.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:26 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,615,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHELLIW View Post
Hi everyone! My husband and I currently live in the foothills area of NC with our twin 3yr olds. My hubby really misses fishing (he was raised in Florida). Since we have no family local, we are considering a coastal move--either NC or SC (Maybe GA). Are there any coastal areas (or within 30 -45 minutes) that are good for raising families? We work in healthcare (physical therapy). Our needs are low crime, friendly community, decent healthcare and reasonable cost of living (home around $200K), and good school system. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ChelliW
IF I were a beach person (which by my name you can tell where my heart lies) I would select the Crystal Coast area as the best in all of NC to raise a family. Schools are good and cost of living is still affordable. It is definitely worth a look in my opinion

Old 01-14-2008, 09:04 AM

217 posts, read 1,032,361 times
Hi Chelliw. Perhaps you might want to check out the Hampstead area? There have been several positive posts talking about their schools. Hampstead is not too far from Wilmington and I believe you can get a little more for your money there. Good luck with your move

Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 AM

3,574 posts, read 13,126,365 times
Why move? You can have the best of both worlds - we're only a few hours away from the coast and don't have to put up with the heat and humidity and the really gross bugs.... Find a place where you can go fishing! (this from a non-beach person! )

Old 01-14-2008, 10:09 AM

3 posts, read 11,791 times
Wink Family Oriented area in NC

Hi,

We are relocating to North Carolina. Try this community Kannapolis Real Estate and Charlotte NC Reatl Estate at The Village at Kellswater Bridge Very family oriented community. Great for the kids. There are many medical facilities in the area for those in the medial field. Not sure if you have already purchased but just a suggestion.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:48 AM

6 posts, read 37,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortysixandtwo View Post
I am going to out on a limb here...but I see a post in the near future here about how great the Crystal Coast is with numerous links to slideshows. I can't wait to get up there with my camera so I can post some reality. Hang on Chelliw...its coming across any time now.
Thanks for the info! I am definitely going to look into the Crystal coast! I would love to hear any other info. about it!

Old 01-15-2008, 03:43 PM

20 posts, read 54,660 times
Default check out this website for info!

This web site "
[SIZE=3]http://www.insiders.com/crystalcoast/main-highered.htm[/SIZE] " will give you all the information you need about the Crystal Coast. Well it will take you to the higher education page but on the left there is a drop down menu that will take you where you want to go. Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina