Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2015, 03:57 PM
LLN LLN started this thread

5,265 posts, read 10,729,092 times

Advertisements

Anyone ridden a bus leg on an AMTRAK ticket? Thinking of going to NYC and would take bus from New Bern to Wilson.

Was the bus part of the experience tolerable?

I am all for train to NYC, just not sure about the bus part of the trip.

Bus stations, and I guess buses in general, have a pretty creepy vibe to me, but I am not even sure where you would even board a bus for AMTRAK.

Probably leaving out of New Bern, but appreciate anyone's experience. Anywhere. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 05:25 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,034,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Anyone ridden a bus leg on an AMTRAK ticket? Thinking of going to NYC and would take bus from New Bern to Wilson.
I haven't done it, but I would also be interested in hearing about the experience. I was thinking of taking the bus from Jacksonville to Wilson for a quick trip to Washington DC in June. People have told me the parking in Wilson is fairly safe and you can leave a car there.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:37 AM

1,590 posts, read 4,624,793 times
I'm not certain where you're upstairs closet is located. If it's near Wilmington the bus station is near Costco.

I love the train, the sleeper car from nyc to raleigh was great! but my issue is with the bus. 4 hours on a bus to 10 hours on the train when it's a 3 hour flight at about the same price. I really wish they would extend the high speed rail lines further south....

Old 03-25-2015, 08:42 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,379,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny536 View Post
I'm not certain where you're upstairs closet is located. If it's near Wilmington the bus station is near Costco.
Do what?

Old 03-25-2015, 09:39 AM

120 posts, read 229,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post

Was the bus part of the experience tolerable?

I am all for train to NYC, just not sure about the bus part of the trip.

Bus stations, and I guess buses in general, have a pretty creepy vibe to me, but I am not even sure where you would even board a bus for AMTRAK.

Probably leaving out of New Bern, but appreciate anyone's experience. Anywhere. Thanks in advance.

I took Amtrak from Richmond VA to Portland ME a couple of years ago. Took the train up to Boston and the rest of the way was in the bus. Those who ride a train and those who take buses can be different types of people. I have never found it too creepy, it's actually a fun experience. You should absolutely try it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina