U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 04:29 PM

183 posts, read 241,033 times

Advertisements

Billy Casper operates the golf course that is functional.It runs right behind my home.The course on the other side of Fairfield Harbour is closed and most likely will remain so.The Marina and the pool and recreational facilities are still operational.I just made setttlement on my home March 31.

Last edited by gjjb1953; 04-10-2015 at 04:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 04:33 PM

I am still learning the area.Let me clarify a previous post by saying that you pay separate from your dues for use of the pool and recreational facilities.They are at Broad Creek Rec Center.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:49 PM

126 posts, read 147,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85SL View Post
I just read the links you posted. Now I have to investigate what this MidSouth golf assessment is all about.
How do you say it? This was not explained to me.

Hello
I should have updated this Yesterday. I found out that there once was an amenity fee which MidSouth use to impose on the homeowners. However as a result of a lawsuit, the fee no-longer exists.

I am aware of a annual fee charged by Broad Creek recreation but it is voluntary and in my opinion nominal. .

And congratulations on your purchase gjjb. I hope to close on my condo purchase the first week of May.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:37 AM

Congratulations on your upcoming purchase.It will be $32 monthly for two of us to use all the recreational facilities.We absolutely love the area.As with an community with an POA you will have issues with different opinions.I plan to make this my home for the rest of my life so I will learn more about the POA and the problems going forward.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:17 AM

I spent a week at FH over the Easter Week. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the recreational facilities.
I understand what you mean about varying opinions. They are easy to come by.
Getting copies of the finances from the POA without yet being a resident on the other hand is a different story.
Speaking of opinions now that you are a resident, have you looked at the FHPOA finances and what is your general opinion.
Good, bad, ugly?

Last edited by 85SL; 04-13-2015 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-13-2015, 05:42 PM

I think they are on good ground just from casually glancing at them.I know they spent plenty of money on legal fees when going after delinquent homeowners.They spent alot going after Mid South as well.I am not sure exactly how much and if they will recoup.I know they were awarded money and they also foreclosed
on many vacant lots in the community which they now own.Seems like most people think they are in fine shape but a minority does not think so and does not like the way the money has been used.

Old 04-14-2015, 06:15 AM

Thanks gjjb.
I've sort of been coming to that conclusion myself.
Enjoy your day.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:10 AM

Welcome to the area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or