U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 09:51 PM

996 posts, read 939,053 times

Advertisements

Interesting stuff. I wasn't expecting this, but tonight's game in Kinston (2nd home game ever) only had attendance of a little over 1500 fans. I know it's a midweek game, but you would think that people would still be excited from the home opener.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2017, 12:37 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,941,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Interesting stuff. I wasn't expecting this, but tonight's game in Kinston (2nd home game ever) only had attendance of a little over 1500 fans. I know it's a midweek game, but you would think that people would still be excited from the home opener.
I was looking forward to going tonight, then I checked the schedule for start time - 11 AM. School field trip day - no way I'm going to sit amongst a thousand screaming kids! Oh well, it's supposed to rain tonight anyway, so at least they'll get the game in. Looking forward to getting back inside Grainger Stadium again...

Old 04-12-2017, 08:31 AM

Yea, I would have thought it would have been at least 3k on the 2nd home gameday. Losing 2,700 people in one day between Monday and Tuesday has got to be disappointing. We'll see how attendance is the rest of the week and next with spring break for many schools in the area coming up.

Old 07-09-2017, 08:55 PM

https://www.milb.com/wood-ducks/news...02/t-217829070

Wood Ducks hit the 100K mark in attendance...

Old 07-09-2017, 09:34 PM

972 posts, read 863,845 times
Does that mean 100k tickets sold or 100k butts actually hit the seats?

Old 07-09-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Does that mean 100k tickets sold or 100k butts actually hit the seats?
Based solely on the few games I've been to, I'd guess tickets sold. I went on a Monday night early in the season. The announced attendance was 1300. I was sitting near the scouts behind home plate, and could literally head count the people in the sections around me - roughly 30 people per. My estimation for that game was 500-600. I assume they counted all the sold seats in the boxes, season ticket holders, and corporate purchases, whether they showed up or not.

I honestly don't know the standard used to count attendance, but I do know there was no way there was 1300 people in attendance that April Monday night during the school year.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:04 PM

2016 Minor League Baseball Attendance

Yep, counted by tickets sold...

Old 08-22-2017, 11:00 AM

Fayetteville breaks ground on new stadium:

Fayetteville breaks ground on Astros stadium :: WRALSportsFan.com

Old 08-25-2017, 01:11 PM

3,819 posts, read 2,461,087 times
Wood Ducks break attendance record at Grainger Stadium

Old 09-20-2017, 01:11 PM

Grainger Stadium improvements are underway. Second phase of improvements to Grainger Stadium set to begin

Quote:
One city in the east is getting ready to start the next phase of a $1.6 million improvement project.

City officials say they think this project is going to be a home run for the local economy.

The city of Kinston is giving Grainger Stadium a makeover.

The city says they are focusing on creating a better game day experience for fans.

During phase one of the project, the city built a new concessions stand, installed giant overhead fans, and added more picnic areas.

The Kinston Chamber of Commerce says an investment in the stadium is an investment for the entire Kinston area, because it will encourage people to visit local businesses.

"And you really want it to advertise your city," says Bill Ellis, the director of the Kinston Parks and Recreation Department. "This is the welcoming mat of Kinston. A lot of people come to the stadium and don't really go anywhere else. But we hope once we get them here and they enjoy, they will go eat and enjoy our downtown area."

Ellis says phase two of the project is expected to begin mid October.

There will be several other improvements made to the stadium, including the construction of a two-story open air restaurant and bar along right field, near the playground.
Now, if they could just find a way to build a larger team store or set up tents around the stadium for people to buy wood ducks merchandise. The current team store is literally the size of a bathroom and they can only let a certain number of people in at a time. It creates a huge back up and really makes you want to leave line really quickly (or not go in at all). They're missing out on revenue. A couple of 10 x 10 tents around the stadium with a couple of t-shirts, hats, and small items like keychains and bumper stickers would be much better than what they have now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina