U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 12:58 PM

49 posts, read 45,514 times

Advertisements

Those are some mighty rose colored glasses you're wearing, travel bug. The developer is not going to make good on the subdivision unless he is forced to do so by his lenders or the lawman. Its already a net loss for him and i wouldnt hold my breath on anyone's promises. If i were you i'd get on board with the people filing the lawsuit you mentioned and start hounding the county about those bonds to get the amenities built. Those amenities were promised to you and your inflated lot price back in 2008 was contingent upon them being built. That is most likely in writing somewhere, and if it isnt, hard lesson learned. Time to put some teeth to the issue.

Honestly, to the OP which is most likely gone and wont read this, dont build. Cut your losses, i have no skin in the game but you would be throwing good money after bad building in there. You wont get that money back in resale (accounting for discount from new).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 134 times
To date there are 32 houses built in SeaWatch with one currently under construction on Carvalho Ter and two more in the planning stage to be built. I also hear the bank which took back the 211 side of SeaWatch in 2012 as part of a loan settlement Saunders did with Bank of America is getting ready to aggressivly market the property to new developers. They are hoping to find a developer who will come in and finish out phases 6 through 10 of SeaWatch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or