U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 01:21 PM

8 posts, read 9,392 times

Advertisements

Hello, my family and I are moving to Hampstead in June. I was wondering what bank gets the best views. Does anyone recommend a certain bank? How about tv company. We signed up for charter communication. Do people seem to like their service? How is the service during hurrican season, do you experience a lot of outages with charter communications? My kids will be attending Topsail Middle School, any reviews? Are there any summer festivals that are must sees? What is the best spot to watch the fireworks? I heard Wilmington and Southport have the best. I am looking for any information on Hampstead or the the Wilmington area. Must go to restaurants, places of interest, etc...
Any unwanted wildlife I should be aware of? We are super excited to move so would love any tips or useful info. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 01:35 PM

11,253 posts, read 19,782,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl28443 View Post
We signed up for charter communication. Do people seem to like their service? How is the service during hurrican season, do you experience a lot of outages with charter communications? My kids will be attending Topsail Middle School, any reviews?
Any cable service will be better than satellite TV during storms. Of course if you lose power during a storm nothing will work. Once you get settled, you might look into equiping the house with a generator.

Topsail Middle School gets good ratings. I hope your child likes it.

Regarding wildlife, there are alligators in the bays and creeks. Please don't let a dog run loose near water.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:07 PM

Thanks for the feedback

Old 05-05-2015, 01:28 PM

31 posts, read 33,364 times
We just bought at home in Hampstead and are moving down in June. Hope your move goes well!

Old 05-05-2015, 07:25 PM

Thanks Stephensmom, good luck with your move too. We cannlt wait to get down there. We chose Hampstead for the schools and of course the beaches.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:54 AM

31 posts, read 33,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl28443 View Post
Thanks Stephensmom, good luck with your move too. We cannlt wait to get down there. We chose Hampstead for the schools and of course the beaches.
Exact reason we picked Hampstead! Plus the central location

Old 01-04-2017, 03:58 PM

14 posts, read 14,329 times
Talking How do you like Hampstead now?

Hi Everyone. I am considering moving my family to Hampstead in 2017. Now that you all have been there a while, how do you like it. What do you consider positive and negative aspects? Any feedback is appreciated.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:07 PM

35 posts, read 41,636 times
Default Been here a year...still loving it like the first day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmunkres View Post
Hi Everyone. I am considering moving my family to Hampstead in 2017. Now that you all have been there a while, how do you like it. What do you consider positive and negative aspects? Any feedback is appreciated.
We moved from 25 yrs in CA, last Christmas. I am a native North Carolinian and wanted my kids to have the great memories of a more laid back life style, where manners, ethics and good values were common place. Hampstead is great, be ready to slow way down if you are from a city that is 35,000 ppl or more. It is not a city, nor does it want to be. It would ruin the rural/beach environment to have big corporations come in and standardize life with a bulldozer like they love to do, the other draw back of those kinds of improvements is your prop taxes skyrocket because the developers sure as heck are not paying for it!!

The schools are good. Certainly not as challenging as the ones my kids attended in California and you will have to advocate for honors or college classes for your Jr or Sr to be challenged. They have a great dual path where the kids who can test out can attend college while still in high school getting college dual credits and getting most of the Freshman year credits out of the way for just the cost of books while still in high school. It's wonderful and my kids love it.

Grocery stores are plentiful, you will pay dearly for high end, gourmet type groceries that you would typically find at Whole Foods, etc.

We go to Jacksonville about once a month for Target, Sams Club, the Mall, Home Goods, Hobby Lobby, and nice meal out. You will learn to love the quiet. I sure have. No rush hour, no traffic, and lots of smiles and "How are you today?"

Drs are good, medical care has been excellent as is the brand new ER on Hwy 17. Police and Fire have been very evident, crime is low compared to Northern CA where we are from.

My folks just bought a Bill Clark home in Wyndwater, one of the newer developments in Hampstead, lovely and affordable. Dogwood Lakes, Crown Pointe and Pelican Reef are also established neighborhoods off 17 between the Middle School and the beach :-)

We still go the beach as often as we can, lunch time, or on a whim...we are like little kids in our 40s. :-)

Best of luck on your relo, let me know if I can help answer anything else.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:58 PM

4 posts, read 4,493 times
Default Planning a visit

We have been researching the Hampstead/Topsail area for a relocation as well, hope this thread continues! Where is a good place to stay for a week or ten days to explore the area? Sorry for the hijack...!

Old 08-07-2017, 01:43 PM

213 posts, read 133,551 times
Default hampstead

Just started looking at this area vs Wilmington as it is way better to not have all the traffic. Being from and living in NC all of my life I've only been to Topsail once for a brief visit . So I do want to hear more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or