Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 08:01 AM

729 posts, read 1,306,054 times

Advertisements

Can a non resident of St. James Plantation play in one of the senior men's golf leagues? If so, would the pro shop have a list of leagues and the cost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 10:19 AM

8,316 posts, read 4,288,656 times
There are not many restrictions on playing in SJP. Only members can play without paying. Guests of all sorts play regularly. I doubt you will have much trouble as long as you are willing to pay to play. The pro shop knows all and sees all

Golf Fees at Founders, Members and Players for accompanied guest of a member or unaccompanied guest is $75

The Reserve Club is for members only.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:07 AM

1,164 posts, read 2,480,601 times
Join the "Hackers club", play 2 times a week at all different courses. Great group of guys and all handicaps are welcome....

Old 04-23-2015, 11:40 AM

Thanks for the information!

Is the Hackers Club through St. James?

We've just moved here, are temporarily renting on Oak Island, moving into our condo @ Rivermist end of June. Hubby is a golfer, would be interested something like the hackers club most likely in the Fall (assuming the summer is too hot to play)

Old 04-24-2015, 05:52 AM

Here is my buddys email address, his name is Bob Dixon. Just send him a email and he can give you the phone number.......

bobdsjp@yahoo.com

Old 04-24-2015, 07:45 AM

Thank you so much for nice straight forward answers to a question

Old 04-25-2015, 10:17 AM

Hey, I'm a jersey guy!!! Straight to the point, Ha!!!!!

We have our house on the market up here in monmouth county with the intent to move to STP or Ocean Ridge Plantation as i have friends who live in both. Although SJP has 4 courses within theplantation I don't think I will join the Golf membership. If you join you are almost forced to play just the SJP courses from a financial perspective, The benefit of the "Hackers" is this group has members from all the Plantations down there and you play a "Different course" every week. Cost for 18 holes and cart is usually under 30.00. This group could care less what you shoot, just a fun group of guys who just like to play.....

Being i usually shoot somewhere between a 94 and 104 I am truly a "Hacker" as they say.....

Hope to be down soon.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post
Thank you so much for nice straight forward answers to a question

Old 04-25-2015, 01:32 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,385,917 times
A couple of years ago my group of 8 golfers played the Reserve in SJP. Either we caught them at a weak moment or money talks as the word has always been they do not allow outside play. Top course but very tough along the lines of Cape Fear at Brunswick Forest.

Don't be so hard on yourself as the average golfer shoots 105. Played this AM here in PA and I shot 100 and the rest of the foursome were within 4 strokes of me. I'll be joining the Hackers in a couple of years. May pull the plug next year at 62 and start enjoying life.

Old 04-25-2015, 02:53 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,003,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
A couple of years ago my group of 8 golfers played the Reserve in SJP. Either we caught them at a weak moment or money talks as the word has always been they do not allow outside play. Top course but very tough along the lines of Cape Fear at Brunswick Forest.
The Reserve opened in Jan 2006 and by Jan 2008 it went private. You were fortunate to play it when you did
Reserve Club @ St James Plantation - Myrtle Beach SC

Old 04-26-2015, 05:40 AM

2,691 posts, read 3,310,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Hey, I'm a jersey guy!!! Straight to the point, Ha!!!!!

We have our house on the market up here in monmouth county with the intent to move to STP or Ocean Ridge Plantation as i have friends who live in both. Although SJP has 4 courses within theplantation I don't think I will join the Golf membership. If you join you are almost forced to play just the SJP courses from a financial perspective, The benefit of the "Hackers" is this group has members from all the Plantations down there and you play a "Different course" every week. Cost for 18 holes and cart is usually under 30.00. This group could care less what you shoot, just a fun group of guys who just like to play.....

Being i usually shoot somewhere between a 94 and 104 I am truly a "Hacker" as they say.....

Hope to be down soon.....
Now, aside from mini golf, I've never held a club....but this sounds like a group I can hang, and spend a day with....and for $30, you can't go wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina