U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-16-2015, 01:21 PM
 
1,089 posts, read 1,964,956 times
Reputation: 381

Advertisements

Well I think I sold my home last night as potential buyer is bringing over a written offer tomorrow at 1 pm. Little wrinkle is that we would have to be out of our house by the end of June as they have sold their house and they have to be out by end of June as well. Here are my 2 questions.

-1- I will be looking for a short term rental, hopefully furnished. Does anyone have any reccomendations on where to go for a 3-4 month lease while we search for homes? Apartments or Condos, etc....

-2- When it comes to storing our furniture with a mover did you use a local mover to your existing home state and store the furniture there or did you ship down your furniture and have it stored in North Carolina?


And suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-16-2015, 01:23 PM
 
Location: Southport
4,639 posts, read 4,814,440 times
Reputation: 3417
For number 1, where? If its a city of any size, maybe VRBO.com or Craigslist. That may be difficult to find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2015, 01:32 PM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
11,258 posts, read 19,796,017 times
Reputation: 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
-1- I will be looking for a short term rental, hopefully furnished. Does anyone have any reccomendations on where to go for a 3-4 month lease while we search for homes? Apartments or Condos, etc....
What about the golf condos at St James Plantation and Magnolia Greens? Many are furnished, and might do short-term leases. Check Realtor.com and look at places on Bentgreen Drive in Leland, as those are the ones in Magnolia Greens. Look for Marsh Wind Circle and Club Villa Way in Southport for the St James ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2015, 02:47 PM
 
Location: The Emerald City
1,486 posts, read 1,697,545 times
Reputation: 2109
I used a POD when I moved. They stored my stuff for 6 months. When I moved into my house, the POD was delivered right on time. There was not even any dust. It was pricey but worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2015, 03:14 PM
LLN
 
Location: Upstairs closet
4,981 posts, read 8,750,911 times
Reputation: 6451
Here is a hint. Under no circumstances let your mover know you are storing your goods.

I did that once on a military move, and when we finally took delivery, we were missing $10K worth of stuff.

In hindsight, I remember clearly the glance between the two guys when I said, "Oh, this is going into storage."

Good Luck.

LLN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2015, 09:47 AM
 
1,089 posts, read 1,964,956 times
Reputation: 381
Sorry, Southport area.

Thx



Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
For number 1, where? If its a city of any size, maybe VRBO.com or Craigslist. That may be difficult to find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2015, 09:48 AM
 
1,089 posts, read 1,964,956 times
Reputation: 381
Thanks Golden




Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
What about the golf condos at St James Plantation and Magnolia Greens? Many are furnished, and might do short-term leases. Check Realtor.com and look at places on Bentgreen Drive in Leland, as those are the ones in Magnolia Greens. Look for Marsh Wind Circle and Club Villa Way in Southport for the St James ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2015, 09:49 AM
 
1,089 posts, read 1,964,956 times
Reputation: 381
Do they have movers who load belongings? Not as young as I used to be..




Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
I used a POD when I moved. They stored my stuff for 6 months. When I moved into my house, the POD was delivered right on time. There was not even any dust. It was pricey but worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2015, 09:51 AM
 
1,089 posts, read 1,964,956 times
Reputation: 381
Well I have to tell them a location?? How do I get around telling them where to deliver the stuff...




Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Here is a hint. Under no circumstances let your mover know you are storing your goods.

I did that once on a military move, and when we finally took delivery, we were missing $10K worth of stuff.

In hindsight, I remember clearly the glance between the two guys when I said, "Oh, this is going into storage."

Good Luck.

LLN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2015, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Southport
4,639 posts, read 4,814,440 times
Reputation: 3417
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Do they have movers who load belongings? Not as young as I used to be..
You hire your own movers to load and unload it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top