U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 792 times

Advertisements

We are planning on moving south once we sell our home. We currently live in Pittsburgh, PA and are tired of all the cold winters. I have a question, sorry to slightly detour off subject, but is Jacksonville a nice place to raise children too, or should we only consider Wilmington or above areas mentioned? I went to a site that ranked Jacksonville NC schools #35 out of all schools in america and it stated it was low in crime. We originally were thinking Wilmington but we found some forums that stated there was a lot of crime because it was so over crowded and the tourist which is why we started looking at Jacksonville. Thanks on any input you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 728 times
I'm from Pittsburgh as well, and hope to move down to the area in the next few years. We own a home on Topsail Island which is about 25 minutes from Jacksonville and 40 from Wilmington. Of the two, we far prefer Wilmington. It is a quaint small city with lots of southern charm to it's old downtown area. There are theaters and art, more restaurants and great proximity to everything. Jacksonville is pretty much a suburb of Camp Lejeune. While it has nice areas, it really caters to marines and their families. Hope this helps. Good luck with your move!

Old 01-18-2010, 05:20 AM

21 posts, read 50,502 times
There are many great family homes for sale in Wilmington, NC area right now. I am being forced to move and have my home up for sale for the past 4 months and my move time is getting closer and closer. It is great family home in a great neighborhood within walking distance to Mayfaire Town Center and just a short bike ride to the beach. I don't think there is a better area of Wilmington, everything is within 5 miles and you can ride a bike or walk to. We love to walk up to Mayfaire for dinner or on Fridays in the summer they have free music in the park where hundreds of kids and families meet for a free concert to start the weekend. If you think that lifestyle is for you check out my home:

Real Estate For Sale in Wilmington NC, Harold*Chappell*Realty World Cape Fear

Thanks, Craig
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina