Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 10:51 AM

5 posts, read 5,879 times

Advertisements

Granted I've only visited Greenville a few times, it doesn't seem too bad. I've been to quite a few places and have seen my share of bad. I spent the past month in Fayetteville and had to make sure I was armed whenever I went out to pump gas. I've had D boys trying to walk up on me and check me out from the corners of the convenience stores (where the camera can't see), watched some idiot going high speed straight into a McDonald's trying to race in those narrow streets.

Greenville seems like a place where you need friends to do much of anything, and also a temporary town if you're not in the medical or Education field. I'm guessing after about the age of 32, most move on to bigger or quieter places? I could be dead wrong but all in all, it seems like a regular town where you make your experience.

I am interested though, why do you feel that way AnnaMorticia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 09:34 AM

277 posts, read 435,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techlover88 View Post
Granted I've only visited Greenville a few times, it doesn't seem too bad. I've been to quite a few places and have seen my share of bad. I spent the past month in Fayetteville and had to make sure I was armed whenever I went out to pump gas. I've had D boys trying to walk up on me and check me out from the corners of the convenience stores (where the camera can't see), watched some idiot going high speed straight into a McDonald's trying to race in those narrow streets.

Greenville seems like a place where you need friends to do much of anything, and also a temporary town if you're not in the medical or Education field. I'm guessing after about the age of 32, most move on to bigger or quieter places? I could be dead wrong but all in all, it seems like a regular town where you make your experience.

I am interested though, why do you feel that way AnnaMorticia?

You won't find that in Greenville. The city is relatively safe if you are smart, which is seems like you are. I'm leaving after spending my six years in Greenville as an undergrad/graduate student. During that time I've lived in close proximity to downtown 4/6 of the years (including one year in the dorms, one in a downtown apartment, and two in a nearby house). The problem with Greenville (and Eastern NC as a whole) is that despite some of the brilliant minds here, there are a lot of DUMB people who choose to believe everything the news tells them and decide not to think on their own. I've even seen comments saying "I'm afraid to go to the hospital because it's on the wrong side of town." Well....I come to the hospital complex everyday for work and the worst thing I've seen is bad parking. Sure, there is crime here--even violent crime on occasion. That exists everywhere. Fortunately for us in Greenville, the conflicting individuals know each other 90% of the time.

P.S. thanks for your service. We may be doing the exact opposite things.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:16 AM

5 posts, read 5,879 times
Thanks for the response Bullbear, I got to it a little late, but I have one last question, since you've pretty much done everything im trying to do. Do you know how any of the cheaper apartment complexes that don't go off of the 30% of the income rule? I can manage a 500 per month apartment but my income would restrict me to 445 a month for rent if I had to qualify with that rule. I'm going to try to talk to some places and see if they can work with me since water seems to be included on a lot of the apts. Basically its a major deal because I'm not trying to get stuck in an awful apartment out of desperation, all because of my total income being short 100 bucks

Old 06-17-2015, 09:16 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,761,989 times
A couple of decent complexes for less than $450 that I know of are Moss Creek Villas and Tower Village (this complex is owned by two different companies for some reason, so remember that when Googling).

Old 07-04-2015, 04:31 PM

22 posts, read 23,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
OP: You do not want to live in Sterling Pointe Townhomes. They're cheap and getting cheaper yearly for a good reason. You'd be better off at Rosemont Apts than Sterling, but I wouldn't recommend either one.
I am planning to move to Greenville later in the summer and one of the places that keeps popping up as I look at housing is Sterling Pointe. From the pics, they look decent. Can you tell me a little more about your experience since you don't recommend them? We are looking for either a townhouse, single family home, or condo within the $500-700 range, 2+ BR. Any recommendations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina