Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 01:53 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,415,635 times

Advertisements

Played all four courses at Ocean Ridge the past 4 days on a short "mancation". Tracks were wet but top shelf and among the best in the Myrtle Beach area. The entire development is stunning and in my estimate the premiere plantation in Brunswick County. The thing that puts it over the top for me is the lack of condo and townhouses. With all single family homes it takes away the "rental" look that comes with those multi family buildings. I am well aware that there are plenty of other criteria to compare but my 4 day observation is that OR is nothing short of being in a class by itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2014, 03:44 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
and Myrtle Beach is posted in the NC forum because??????

Old 12-31-2014, 05:26 PM

Ocean Ridge Plantation is just over the border in North Carolina but part of the Myrtle Beach golf "complex".

Old 01-01-2015, 08:15 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Ocean Ridge Plantation is just over the border in North Carolina but part of the Myrtle Beach golf "complex".
That was a very polite response. Good Job!

Old 01-01-2015, 11:39 AM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Played all four courses at Ocean Ridge the past 4 days on a short "mancation". Tracks were wet but top shelf and among the best in the Myrtle Beach area. The entire development is stunning and in my estimate the premiere plantation in Brunswick County. The thing that puts it over the top for me is the lack of condo and townhouses. With all single family homes it takes away the "rental" look that comes with those multi family buildings. I am well aware that there are plenty of other criteria to compare but my 4 day observation is that OR is nothing short of being in a class by itself.
Thanks! This is exactly why we decided to buy our future retirement home at Ocean Ridge Plantation..because of the lack of 'rental/townhouse atmosphere...You hear very little bad press about ORP in these forums.....The building standards are very strict though. Well worth it.....Our lot is on the pond of Leopards Chase, I think Hole #17???

Old 01-01-2015, 06:02 PM

"Call them as I see them" and I have been to all of them. The restrictions on building must be tight as there was not a "dog" in the plantation. Lot's of building going on. Feel sorry for the longer term residents that now have a new build next door. I also like the fact that there are three ways out of the plantation.

Old 01-02-2015, 03:30 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
[quote=caco54;37850201 I also like the fact that there are three ways out of the plantation.[/QUOTE]

Also the immediate access to Hwy 17 and Sunset Beach

Old 06-09-2015, 10:11 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,132 times
Default Ocean Ridge Plantation Cable and Internet

Just cam back from house hunting trip and purchased a home in Ocean Ridge Plantation and i have a question on Cable and internet providers. Up here in NJ i have Verizon Wireless Triple play, HD TV, House phone, and internet.

I have been told Verizon does not offer this in Ocean Ridge. Any reccomendations on similar companies I can contact prior to my move in August??

Thanks

Old 06-09-2015, 10:14 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,376,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Just cam back from house hunting trip and purchased a home in Ocean Ridge Plantation and i have a question on Cable and internet providers. Up here in NJ i have Verizon Wireless Triple play, HD TV, House phone, and internet.

I have been told Verizon does not offer this in Ocean Ridge. Any reccomendations on similar companies I can contact prior to my move in August??

Thanks
Didn't anyone from the development/realtor tell you who provides cable and internet there? I *think* ATMC provides cable and internet to that area.

http://www.atmc.net/

Old 06-09-2015, 10:33 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post

Congratulations on the house purchase. I have also been told that ATMC provides Internet and bundled services in southern Brunswick County, but I am not sure where its boundaries end. Try here: http://www.atmc.net/

You may do better with unbundled services. There are numerous other cable and satellite TV and local phone companies so it would have been better to ask the realtor exactly what the house has currently.

FYI, in Onslow County we use a voice-over service for land-lane phone and DirecTV for Internet and TV.

Last edited by goldenage1; 06-09-2015 at 11:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina