U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2015, 08:59 AM

4,957 posts, read 2,200,082 times

Advertisements

First let me say I am NOT affiliated with Carolina Plantations in any way. To be frank, I am not sure how I got on their mailing list but once a month I get a newsletter from from them that is usually interesting so I haven't told them to stop it.

This month included a short article that I though might be interesting to visitors here.

------------------

July Carolina Dreamin'

Tsunami Warning

Yes, that’s right, Brunswick County is about to get hit with a Tsunami – and it’s coming out of the north at about 75 mph traveling down Interstate 95 and 40.

In the Fall of 2006, I incorporated Carolina Plantations Real Estate. In March of 2007, I opened for business at 6690 Ocean Hwy West in Ocean Isle Beach, just a stone’s throw from the front gate of Ocean Ridge Plantation. As the economy continued its downward spiral for the next 3-4 years, many friends, clients and colleagues said “Doug, if you can survive this anemic market, you will come out fine on the other side”.

For 8 consecutive years and counting, knock on wood, our sales have increased at Carolina Plantations. However, never have we seen such a spike as we have seen recently. Our Q1 & Q2 closed sales are up 50% and we have a healthy list of Pending Sales heading into the last half of the year. Plus, every Broker here is busy assisting more and more people to determine if Southeastern Coastal North Carolina might be a good place for them to retire and or purchase a second home.

But don’t take my word alone. Consider this:
  • US Homebuilders confidence index is the highest it has been in over 10 years
  • Sales in Brunswick County were up 48% this past April
  • Between St James, Brunswick Forest, Compass Pointe, Ocean Ridge and Brunswick Plantation, there are over 300 homes under construction. That’s just NUTS!!
  • Brunswick County Homes for Sale | Carolina Plantations Real Estate the #1 real estate website in Brunswick County, has seen an aggregate 32% increase in website traffic for May and June of 2015 vs same period of 2014
  • Brunswick County Association of Realtors currently has over 800 members vs close to 400 members in 2010
  • Sales of new U.S. homes are running 23.7% higher through the first four months of the year than the same period in 2014

All these leading indicators are fact, not hype, and this is creating real urgency. Here are few examples we have witnessed here lately:
  • We listed a home in Ocean Ridge for $749,000 and had it under contract in 14 days
  • Multiple offers recently on several condos in Crow Creek, Brunswick Plantation & Sandpiper Bay
  • We got in a bidding war on a Waterford Townhome for second time in 45 days

Anyone reading this article fully understands “supply & demand”, but many people are still wondering why prices are really not rising yet. The answer is simple: we still have too much supply. The good news is that we are seeing pockets in this market where supply is dwindling and prices are beginning to edge upwards. But if you haven’t checked out the #1 most viewed page on our website, here it is: Current Real Estate Listings | Carolina Plantations Real Estate

Between St James, Winding River and Ocean Ridge, there are 469 homesites on the market – which at our current absorption rate means we have a 7-10 year supply of dirt. But, if demand goes up 20%, we could be looking at 5-7 years, and so on.

So stop worrying about SPF 50 vs SPF 70, cost of gas, shark bites, national/local politics and health care, and prepare yourself for our next Tsunami. It’s just sweeping into Brunswick County and I really wonder if everyone is prepared?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2015, 12:40 PM

4,639 posts, read 4,810,855 times
I can certainly believe it. Prices are rising in Southport, and traffic is getting to be a pain. Hwy. 211 needs to be widened now, not 3 to 5 years from now.

Old 07-08-2015, 12:55 PM

4,657 posts, read 7,710,401 times
211 has always been awful........long before St James and Walmart.

I'd feel better about the local RE market if there weren't so many stagnant resales. Though I must say Arbor Creek has been doing well getting resales closed.

Old 07-08-2015, 06:17 PM

1,985 posts, read 2,651,119 times
I wish that would occur in other areas of ENC. The local economy would certainly benefit from it.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:28 PM

2,784 posts, read 7,333,173 times
I have been getting that newsletter for the past several years. Found it to be a really good quick reference for the real estate activity at several of the communities in Brunswick Co.

Last month there were 24 lots (Waterbrook Woods) for sale across Old Georgetown Rd from ORP, this month they no longer show up on the ORP site. They were marketed as single sales or multiple purchases so I wonder if a developer went in and bought them all.

Real estate seems to be moving quickly up here (in the NE) and although some sellers are opting to scale back and remain here, others are anxious to escape the cool winters and high taxes. Many are moving to Florida but coastal NC seems to be on the radar for retirees too.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:36 AM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,746,889 times
When sales have been down over 50%, and 40% rise is not quite as great as it seems!

Old 07-10-2015, 06:43 AM

36,877 posts, read 16,093,653 times
I golf in the Calabash, Sunset Beach area and I see new construction EVERYWHERE.

Old 07-10-2015, 07:11 AM

223 posts, read 204,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapenc View Post
I wish that would occur in other areas of ENC. The local economy would certainly benefit from it.
It would help if other areas of ENC has a Wilmington near it too.

Old 07-10-2015, 08:54 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,357,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
It would help if other areas of ENC has a Wilmington near it too.
It would help if the State would build Interstates to other areas of ENC. Wilmington blew up after I-40 was finished about 25 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina