U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 10:10 AM

41 posts, read 47,291 times

Advertisements

Looking for a Condo on the beach with a balcony overlooking the beach/ocean for either of the following dates:

Check in Friday 9/11 check out Monday 9/14
Check in Friday 9/18 check out Monday 9/21
Check in Friday 9/25 check out Monday 9/28

One bedroom or efficiency is fine $80-$100 night (Including taxes and fees). $300 for the 3 nights, after the Labor Day Holiday.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 10:22 AM

2,492 posts, read 2,371,097 times
It's been my experience that weekend rentals are sky high until October. Wilmington more then Myrtle Beach(more competition/more deals). I would be surprised if you find anything in that price range till mid fall. Weekdays,maybe.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:42 AM

635 posts, read 1,420,769 times
Check out Dunes Village resort in Myrtle. They seem to have good rates for the time you are wanting. They are beachfront with two small indoor waterparks, one in each tower. It's hotel style but the units are individually owned condos with full kitchens. Many different types available (variation of # bedrooms, views) at different price points. We stayed there a few years ago at a really good rate.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:35 PM

2,310 posts, read 1,798,128 times
well first thing is first wilmington isn't at the beach. If you referring to wrightsville beach i don't consider it really the best place to vacation for a family but anyway i would look between topsail, sunset, myrtle, emerald isle

Old 07-25-2015, 03:59 PM

41 posts, read 47,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
well first thing is first wilmington isn't at the beach. If you referring to wrightsville beach i don't consider it really the best place to vacation for a family but anyway i would look between topsail, sunset, myrtle, emerald isle
More or less looking for a condo (ocean front). It doesn't really matter what beach as I'll be relaxing on the Balcony most of the time.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRaleigh View Post
More or less looking for a condo (ocean front). It doesn't really matter what beach as I'll be relaxing on the Balcony most of the time.
North Myrtle. I stayed at the Dunes as a teen, it was nice ,and I'm sure it's been remodeled since.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:24 PM

4,639 posts, read 4,814,440 times
You won't even get a hotel room for that price in Wrightsville Beach. I'd repost on the appropriate board for for Myrtle Beach. Or look at VRBO.com or call some realty companies in MB.

Old 07-26-2015, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
You won't even get a hotel room for that price in Wrightsville Beach. I'd repost on the appropriate board for for Myrtle Beach. Or look at VRBO.com or call some realty companies in MB.
That's what I was saying earlier. I put Wilmington by mistake but knew what he meant. Hotel prices are crazy high in NC beaches. They don't allow many built so the prices are artificially high. I know it's done to preserve the character of our coastline but for affordable room prices it's necessary to head for SC. Tried to rent a decent room in the Emerald Isle area and couldn't find anything less then 150 and they were dumps not even on the water. You got a beach house rental,NC is great if you need a room or condo it sux.

Last edited by cyn7cyn; 07-26-2015 at 08:29 AM..

Old 07-27-2015, 07:36 PM

31 posts, read 26,222 times
I would recommend a smaller town than Wilmington/WB area. Wrightsville Beach is notoriously high. Check out Oak Island, they usually have cheaper rates (esp if you are just looking to spend time in the condo). You can also check out Sunset Beach, Kure Beach, Topsail (that's Top-SILL to you Northerners ) and Surf City.

Also Myrtle Beach is just horrific. So touristy. If that's what you're into (mini golf for the win), go for it, but I'd recommend flying into ILM and doing a short drive to a smaller beach town.

Last edited by _leigh; 07-27-2015 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: Insulting MB

Old 07-28-2015, 04:52 AM

4,639 posts, read 4,814,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _leigh View Post
I would recommend a smaller town than Wilmington/WB area. Wrightsville Beach is notoriously high. Check out Oak Island, they usually have cheaper rates (esp if you are just looking to spend time in the condo). You can also check out Sunset Beach, Kure Beach, Topsail (that's Top-SILL to you Northerners ) and Surf City.

Also Myrtle Beach is just horrific. So touristy. If that's what you're into (mini golf for the win), go for it, but I'd recommend flying into ILM and doing a short drive to a smaller beach town.
You'd recommend flying from Raleigh to Wilmington for 3 days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina