Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2015, 08:06 AM

113 posts, read 186,364 times

Advertisements

We are considering Leland as a possible retirement destinations. Our friends of the same age (60) have been in Brunswick Forest for a couple of years and are quite happy there. We've also seen (online) some attractive homes in Magnolia Greens, but I like the idea of having the mowing and trimming done for us, so Brunswick Forest looks good on that front.

Looking at BF resales online (mostly at realtor.com), I'm seeing some houses in the $350K to $380K range that have been on the market from over 200 days to over 400 days. Normally, that would mean they are overpriced and haven't seen the light, perhaps combined with competition from builders, where new home buyers can pick all their own finishes.

But is there something else about Brunswick Forest that we should be concerned about? We'll be going there in a month for a first look-see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 09:46 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,757 times
Keep in mind you can hire a grass cutter anywhere you buy for a very reasonable price, don't let that be the driver....just my 2 cents from the Peanut gallery

Old 08-03-2015, 09:59 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigPlantWeed View Post
But is there something else about Brunswick Forest that we should be concerned about? We'll be going there in a month for a first look-see.
There was an incident a year or so ago. There is vacant forest-land to the east of Lillbridge Drive. There were some trespassers on the vacant land who were target shooting and shot holes in the windows of several townhouses. One woman narrowly missed getting hit. Brunswick Forest does not own that land, and I never heard that anyone was arrested, and I never heard of the incident being repeated. However, I would avoid anything on Lillbridge Drive.

Otherwise, BF is a fine development. The amenities are all in place. I would have a little concern about the workout and swimming facilites getting over-crowded as it grows. I won't write off BF, but I believe the prices of resales are better in Magnolia Greens. I also like the look of Magnolia Greens better, especially for the number of trees.

Last edited by goldenage1; 08-03-2015 at 10:08 AM..

Old 09-30-2015, 03:02 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,388 times
I absolutely Love Brunswick Forest. I myself will consider it in a few years when my husband retires. The resales are just competing with the beautiful new construction out there. It is continuing to grow, and more and more shops, offices, etc... are expected to come up front. I'm an agent int the Raleigh area, and one of my good friends moved there a few years ago to sell homes in that community. Best move she ever made. People are coming in by the dozens on weekends to visit, and a lot of them end up purchasing out there. If you want a tour and a stay there let me know, and I get you my friends info. Just PM me. I was totally impressed. Only about 15 minutes from Wrightsville Beach also. That area, doesn't seem to evacuate either when the storms hit. 15 custom builders. LOVE IT!!!

Old 09-30-2015, 06:07 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,381,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieF View Post
I absolutely Love Brunswick Forest. I myself will consider it in a few years when my husband retires. The resales are just competing with the beautiful new construction out there. It is continuing to grow, and more and more shops, offices, etc... are expected to come up front. I'm an agent int the Raleigh area, and one of my good friends moved there a few years ago to sell homes in that community. Best move she ever made. People are coming in by the dozens on weekends to visit, and a lot of them end up purchasing out there. If you want a tour and a stay there let me know, and I get you my friends info. Just PM me. I was totally impressed. Only about 15 minutes from Wrightsville Beach also. That area, doesn't seem to evacuate either when the storms hit. 15 custom builders. LOVE IT!!!

just to temper your realtor enthusiasm a little, BF is more than 15 minutes from Wrightsville Beach...its 30 minutes. Assuming there is no traffic on the bridge.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:28 PM

353 posts, read 604,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieF View Post

As carolinadawg points out, you cannot by any stretch of the imagination get from Brunswick Forest to Wrightsville Beach in 15 minutes.
You're also wrong about "That area, doesn't seem to evacuate either when the storms hit." The ONLY areas that routinely evacuate for hurricanes - I assume by "storms" you mean hurricanes? - are the beaches, unless it's at least a strong Cat 3 with potential for strengthening, or higher, and in THAT case local authorities would recommend evacuation in Brunswick Forest just like everybody else in the coastal region. Even then the evacuations of all but beaches have been recommended evacuations, not mandatory.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:07 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,388 times
Hmmmm I am not from the area, and was just going on what I was told from a real estate agent there. I personally didn't drive it. I do know that I loved it there, but if we end up having to evacuate, my hubby won't go for that :-) Thanks for the info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina