U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-10-2015, 08:39 PM
 
9 posts, read 8,813 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I had heard that only ATMC is offered there. ATMC does not have the NHL network ?

Being a hockey fan, that is a must.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-10-2015, 08:42 PM
 
9 posts, read 8,813 times
Reputation: 10
Default Can you get Time Warner Cable in Ocean Ridge ?

I was told that only ATMC is offered there.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2015, 09:12 PM
 
145 posts, read 235,480 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by olneyiceman View Post
I had heard that only ATMC is offered there. ATMC does not have the NHL network ?

Being a hockey fan, that is a must.

Thanks
I could not find the NHL Network (or the NBA Network) on the ATMC online line-up. I also do not see NHL Center Ice being offered, which is strange since most cable providers use the same channels as MLB Extra Innings.

This is a bummer as I like my "Hockey Night in Canada."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2015, 08:47 AM
 
1,089 posts, read 1,966,557 times
Reputation: 381
My main concern is getting the College Basketball and College Football Stations. ACC, Big East, Big 10 etc.... Fios had all of these....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2015, 08:49 AM
 
1,089 posts, read 1,966,557 times
Reputation: 381
wow, so Direct TV isn't allowed in Ocean Ridge Plantation?? Just ATMC????



Quote:
Originally Posted by olneyiceman View Post
I was told that only ATMC is offered there.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2015, 09:29 AM
 
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
11,266 posts, read 19,814,692 times
Reputation: 5089
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
wow, so Direct TV isn't allowed in Ocean Ridge Plantation?? Just ATMC????
You need to use an antenna to get DirecTV. ATMC is underground wiring (or cable). The poster is saying that the only underground wiring is ATMC. You would have to check with the HOA covenants about antennas, however, many HOA's allow then in the back yard or on the roof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2015, 09:36 AM
 
37,005 posts, read 16,134,598 times
Reputation: 8411
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
My main concern is getting the College Basketball and College Football Stations. ACC, Big East, Big 10 etc.... Fios had all of these....
Neilson controls the "viewing" areas. for some unknown reason this area is considerd part of the Wash/Balt. viewing area and many local games are blacked out, which is why I dropped the sports package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
wow, so Direct TV isn't allowed in Ocean Ridge Plantation?? Just ATMC????
He MEANT the ONLY land service. Geesh!

I have been here for 8 1/2 years and do NOT like ATMC at all.

If I had the option I would pick FIOS. Unfortunately that is NOT an option.

I have ATMC for Internet ONLY because it is the only viable option.

Fiber is ONLY available at a FEW NEW communities where ATMC installed the fiber during construction.

Iuse Direct TV for TV service and like it 2nd only to FIOS.

I use Magic jack for regular telephone service.

AT&T just bought Direct TV and am waiting to see if they will offer a violable Internet service.

IF you decide to go with Direct TV let me know and I will give you my information so you AND I get a $100 discount spaced out over 10 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2015, 08:20 PM
 
1,089 posts, read 1,966,557 times
Reputation: 381
Thanks Golden

jf


Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
You need to use an antenna to get DirecTV. ATMC is underground wiring (or cable). The poster is saying that the only underground wiring is ATMC. You would have to check with the HOA covenants about antennas, however, many HOA's allow then in the back yard or on the roof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2015, 08:22 PM
 
1,089 posts, read 1,966,557 times
Reputation: 381
thx

jf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Neilson controls the "viewing" areas. for some unknown reason this area is considerd part of the Wash/Balt. viewing area and many local games are blacked out, which is why I dropped the sports package.



He MEANT the ONLY land service. Geesh!

I have been here for 8 1/2 years and do NOT like ATMC at all.

If I had the option I would pick FIOS. Unfortunately that is NOT an option.

I have ATMC for Internet ONLY because it is the only viable option.

Fiber is ONLY available at a FEW NEW communities where ATMC installed the fiber during construction.

Iuse Direct TV for TV service and like it 2nd only to FIOS.

I use Magic jack for regular telephone service.

AT&T just bought Direct TV and am waiting to see if they will offer a violable Internet service.

IF you decide to go with Direct TV let me know and I will give you my information so you AND I get a $100 discount spaced out over 10 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2015, 06:11 AM
 
37,005 posts, read 16,134,598 times
Reputation: 8411
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Thanks Golden

jf
"Quote: Originally Posted by goldenage1
You need to use an antenna to get DirecTV. ATMC is underground wiring (or cable). The poster is saying that the only underground wiring is ATMC. You would have to check with the HOA covenants about antennas, however, many HOA's allow then in the back yard or on the roof."


Several years ago the courts ruled that small dish antennas CANNOT be banned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top