U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 11:08 AM

562 posts, read 932,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcountess View Post
Went to my dentist in Wilmington today and he told me he is putting in a clinic at the Lowes site - Bozart Family Dentistry. He also said there's a sushi restaurant going in and a donut shop - he thought it was a Dunkin Donut but I"m hoping it's really a Duck Donut. His space is supposed to be ready in March 2016.
oh that would be wonderful!! I would be happy with either Duck Donuts OR Dunkin'.......moving in about three years to Ocean Ridge Plantation and would love to have a real donut store around!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 11:19 AM

4,639 posts, read 4,811,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
oh that would be wonderful!! I would be happy with either Duck Donuts OR Dunkin'.......moving in about three years to Ocean Ridge Plantation and would love to have a real donut store around!!!!!!!!!!!
Just be aware that this site is 30 minutes from ORP. There's a Dunkin' Donuts inside a Hess station in Little River, about 15 minutes form ORP, plus Grand Strand Coffee Bar in Calabash has homemade doughnuts and is even closer. The Purple Onion is Shallotte has amazing baked goods.

Last edited by carolinadawg2; 10-14-2015 at 12:20 PM..

Old 10-15-2015, 10:51 AM

562 posts, read 932,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Just be aware that this site is 30 minutes from ORP. There's a Dunkin' Donuts inside a Hess station in Little River, about 15 minutes form ORP, plus Grand Strand Coffee Bar in Calabash has homemade doughnuts and is even closer. The Purple Onion is Shallotte has amazing baked goods.
- I never heard of Purple Onion - thanks, will check that one out, too !! thanks again for the information!!

Old 10-15-2015, 05:56 PM

152 posts, read 183,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
- I never heard of Purple Onion - thanks, will check that one out, too !! thanks again for the information!!
Purple Onion is ok to average for bake goods. Try Sugar Confections in Shallotte owned by a very nice young NJ transplants. Their products are expensive, but the quality is much better than the Onion. They use butter in all their products. The Onion does have the second best breakfast in the area. Taylors in Southport is the place good for breakfast. It is a hike from ORP.

If you looking for donuts/pastries go to the Filling Station in Shallotte, very upscale and only order only one piece, unless you know CPR.

Old 10-15-2015, 06:00 PM

4,639 posts, read 4,811,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple 2 View Post
Purple Onion is ok to average for bake goods. Try Sugar Confections in Shallotte owned by a very nice young NJ transplants. Their products are expensive, but the quality is much better than the Onion. They use butter in all their products. The Onion does have the second best breakfast in the area. Taylors in Southport is the place good for breakfast. It is a hike from ORP.

If you looking for donuts/pastries go to the Filling Station in Shallotte, very upscale and only order only one piece, unless you know CPR.
Not at all correct. I hope the OP will visit and report back.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:56 AM

99 posts, read 188,584 times
It appears, at this point, the four walls of the anchor store are near complete..................

Old 04-19-2016, 04:56 AM

152 posts, read 142,070 times
1. The Lowes Food --store #235 at 2829 Midway Rd-- is to open in May 2016. Lowes mgt responded to a question on their FB site confirming this store will use their 'flagship' concept. A press release on the opening last fall of another flagship store provides details: News Release: Lowes Foods to Open Jacksonville Store October 15th

2. A Falcone's Italian Restaurant -- another franchise operates in Leland, NC and is well regarded in the popular online review sites.

3. A Wok 'N Roll Chinese/Japanese Restaurant - another franchise in Leland is also well regarded

4. An Angel Nails franchise.

5. An office of Bozart Family Dentistry.

Except for the Lowes, I have no information on when these businesses will be opening.

Old 05-03-2016, 11:03 AM

Per a postal flyer that I received this morning, the ribbon-cutting for the Grand Opening of the Lowes Food is scheduled for 10:30 on May 21st.

Bozart Family Dentistry says on their FB site that they hope to open by August 1st.

I have no info on the opening dates for the other businesses.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:03 PM

145 posts, read 234,925 times
I was told today that the Great Clips is planning on opening on June 1st.

Old 05-15-2016, 05:10 AM

Falcone's owners estimate they will open in September.

Don't forget, Lowes Foods opens next Saturday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina