U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 09:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,455 times

Advertisements

HI- interested in information on Palmetto Creek in Bolivia or other communities in that area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 09:46 AM

4,639 posts, read 4,805,828 times
Brunswick County Boom Town
Porters Neck Plantation or Brunswick Forest?
Visiting Possible Retirement Locations: St James, Brunswick Forest, Carolina Colours
Opinions from people who live in SJP, WRP and ORP
Sea Trail Plantation, Sunset Beach
Thoughts or information on St James Plantation
Status of Ocean Ridge Plantation

Old 09-03-2015, 10:16 AM

11,250 posts, read 19,768,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailcook View Post
HI- interested in information on Palmetto Creek in Bolivia or other communities in that area
One of the builders of new homes is H&H Homes. We have an H&H house, and it is a decent quality production house.

The community looks decent. It is not age restricted, and I would certainly visit it first to make sure the amenities are in good shape.

A couple more comments. 1. The HOA fee in one listing was $279/month. That is a bit high, but it might include landscaping services. Other homes list $68 as the monthly HOA fee. Please verify this. 2. The community was started around 2006-7. It looks like development was stalled and has been restarted by new builders. The location has improved prospects with developments along Midway Road.

Last edited by goldenage1; 09-03-2015 at 11:30 AM..

Old 09-03-2015, 05:49 PM

152 posts, read 183,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
One of the builders of new homes is H&H Homes. We have an H&H house, and it is a decent quality production house.

The community looks decent. It is not age restricted, and I would certainly visit it first to make sure the amenities are in good shape.

A couple more comments. 1. The HOA fee in one listing was $279/month. That is a bit high, but it might include landscaping services. Other homes list $68 as the monthly HOA fee. Please verify this. 2. The community was started around 2006-7. It looks like development was stalled and has been restarted by new builders. The location has improved prospects with developments along Midway Road.
I was wondering when was the last time you visited Palmetto Creek and the Midway Road area?

Old 09-03-2015, 06:04 PM

11,250 posts, read 19,768,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Purple 2 View Post
I was wondering when was the last time you visited Palmetto Creek and the Midway Road area?
I hope you have some more information to offer. I was down Midway Road last summer, and I understand some building has started.

I have not been in Palmetto Creek, and I understand it is gated. The area would not be my choice for a place to live, but I was trying to be objective. It is at least 10 miles from a grocery store, as far I as I can tell from the map.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:37 PM

152 posts, read 183,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I hope you have some more information to offer. I was down Midway Road last summer, and I understand some building has started.

I have not been in Palmetto Creek, and I understand it is gated. The area would not be my choice for a place to live, but I was trying to be objective. It is at least 10 miles from a grocery store, as far I as I can tell from the map.
Sorry, I was just trying to qualify your "observations".

Old 09-04-2015, 07:00 AM

32 posts, read 49,711 times
Quote:

We have visited Palmetto Creek on 2 occassions. The first time several years ago and the 2nd time last summer. I find the club house and pool area to be very nice. They have a tennis court if you play, a lake and walking trail. I find the homes themselves to be quite blah... not sure why they have no flavor to them. The developer also owns Compass Pointe which is turning out to be quite nice as far as the ammenities go. Have been there a couple of times over the pass couple of trips down to the area. I just find the lots prices way to high for the area.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:13 AM

99 posts, read 188,404 times
Quote:
If you like the general area you may want to take a look at Winding River Plantation, across 211, from Palmetto Creek and a little closer to 17. WRP has some nice amenities that are well maintained and HOA fees of just under $100/ mo. Pick a realtor who has access to all the facilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina