U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2008, 03:14 PM

5 posts, read 23,232 times

Advertisements

Hi!

We have vacationed at Kure Beach several years, and last year we stayed at Oak Island. This year we thought we'd stay at Carolina Beach since we have a couple of 20-somethings coming down with us (before it has been me and my dh who are in our 30's, my dd who will be 5 this year, and my parents who are in their lower 50's), but I'm having trouble finding a beach house to fit our needs. So, I thought maybe we'd try Wrightsville beach. However, I noticed it seems a bit busier than the Kure/Carolina area and we quit going to Myrtle Beach, SC because of that reason so I didn't want to go back to a place THAT busy. Also, I noticed that there is surfing in Wrightsville and it makes me worry that the surf may be rougher than Kure/Carolina and that wouldn't be good with my 5-year-old.

So do any of you all know about Wrightsville versus Kure/Carolina? Is the surf more rough? Is it *really* busy/crowded? What part of the island (Wrightsville) would you suggest we stay on if we decide to go there? What part has vacation homes, no surfing, and not very crowded (or is that impossible to find there?)?

Like I said, we've stayed in the Cape Fear area many times, but have never ventured to Wrightsville so any information would be great! Thanks so much for your help!

Lisa

ETA: We are going down in mid-June. Probably 6 adults and 1 child...want a vacation home not more than $2300-2400 (of course cheaper would be better).

Old 06-10-2009, 02:06 PM

1,950 posts, read 2,630,783 times
wrightsville beach is a wonderful area and not that much more crowded than carolina beach. there is more to do at carolina beach , more choices without going off the island so to speak. more restaurants , mini golf , mivie theatre , shops and grocery stores.
the water at wrightsville beach is a prettier color than the beaches closer to the mouth of cape fear river.
there is also surfers at carolina beach so the surf is probably about the same.
where to find a rental ? have you tried the rental companies? seems like you should be able to find something, i do believe that wrigthsville is more expensive than carolina beach .
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina