U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2015, 07:15 PM

67 posts, read 48,635 times

Advertisements

As we are considering Wilmington area as possible post-military life, would any of you happen to know of any recruiters/head hunters in the area that we could connect with for mid-level-executive work?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2015, 09:58 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,963,963 times
Most Headhunters are virtual and live all over the country. As long as they have internet they can operate in any state. I would Google what Industry he wants to look into and put location as a secondary piece of your search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlw7002 View Post
As we are considering Wilmington area as possible post-military life, would any of you happen to know of any recruiters/head hunters in the area that we could connect with for mid-level-executive work?

Thank you.

Old 11-08-2015, 01:46 PM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,746,889 times
Not to be DebbieDowner, but the density of middle management jobs is gonna be problematic. Good luck.

Old 11-08-2015, 02:06 PM

11,252 posts, read 19,782,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Not to be DebbieDowner, but the density of middle management jobs is gonna be problematic. Good luck.
Agreed. I was thinking that General Electric and PDD might be the few firms large enough to require that level of management. GE Power specializes in nuclear engineering, and PDD in pharmaceutical testing. The ads for management I have seen were looking for people with subject matter experience. If the OP's husband were in finance there might be opportunities with a large car dealership or a local government.

The OP might consider the Triad where there are manufacturing and distributing firms like Hanes/Jockey or Burlington Industries. Or consider the Greenville/Spartanburg SC area where Michelin and BMW are located.

Last edited by goldenage1; 11-08-2015 at 03:19 PM..

Old 11-08-2015, 05:46 PM

We have spoken to some out of NC, but just looking for one in the area who is more familiar with the surroundings.
He is currently working with someone in the banking industry in the area for potential for sales management position, but we will continue looking until he has signed off all employment paperwork lol

I hadn't heard of Greenville/Spartanburg area with those car manufactures being there. I will pass the word onto him.
As far as Government goes, local or State, he wants a break from Government employment, even though I told him he is crazy to not even at least look into what jobs may be available to him in that sector.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:20 AM

10,401 posts, read 19,420,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejlw7002 View Post
I hadn't heard of Greenville/Spartanburg area with those car manufactures being there. I will pass the word onto him.
As far as Government goes, local or State, he wants a break from Government employment, even though I told him he is crazy to not even at least look into what jobs may be available to him in that sector.
You won't find many government jobs in Wilmington...if you want to be near the beach, consider Virginia Beach/Norfolk, VA, which has a large military (and thus military contractor) presence--also Richmond, the capital of VA, is not far from the coast and that is of course where the state govt jobs are in Va.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:35 PM

He is not seeking Government employment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina