U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2008, 11:57 AM

48 posts, read 157,365 times

Advertisements

My boyfriend and I are in our 20's. We decided that this year, we're going to take a bunch of small trips (weekends or long weekends. No long week vacations) and I really want to have a nice, relaxing little vacation on a beach. I see a lot of people are talking about Sunset Beach and Topsail Island. These seem like good places because I'm not into big, ugly high rises and a bunch of tourists with their kids (not that I'm against seeing any kids at all but it seems like places such as Myrtle Beach cater towards kids and we don't need that). I just want something quiet and relaxing. Which beach is better for this and why do you think so? Help us decide. And if you have any advice on where to stay, where to eat (my boyfriend hates seafood but I love it!) what to do (besides lounging around on the beach. haha), I'll take it!

Thank you :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 07:57 AM

934 posts, read 990,160 times
Both are nice places.

We have kids and go to Carolina Beach/Atlantic Beach and are thinking of buying property on the outerbanks possibly.

You couldn't pay us to go to Myrtle Beach.

You're going to find families and kids pretty much everywhere, but not like MB.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:09 AM

217 posts, read 1,031,658 times
I think you would enjoy either one. They are both beautiful beaches and pretty quiet. If I had to choose one, I'd probably go with Sunset Beach only because I've spent more time there. Have fun

Old 02-07-2008, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 7,464 times
Hi there. Both beaches are quite quaint adn not as touristy. Sunset Beach has a lot of long term residents and private beaches. Lovely wide beaches and views and great to get away from the hub-bub. Topsail has a wee more to do, as far as fishing expeditions and such, as Topsail Island has Surf City and North Topsail Beach at the north end. If quiet time is what you would like, I would go with Sunset. I believe there is a winery just a few minutes away that give tours. Also, not as many restaurants there, but there is in Southport. I believe there is an Inn called Sunset Inn, which is quaint and nice. If you boyfriend likes to play golf, there are several courses at Sunset.

I am actually north of there, at Emerald Isle (which is nice place to visit), but I hope you have a great time when you come to visit us on the Coast of NC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or