Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2016, 10:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,940 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My wife and i recently visited the Wilmington area on a trip to check out places we are thinking about moving to, and really liked hampstead. I work for a SF based tech company and work from home, so we can really live anywhere. We currently live in Orange County (Huntington Beach) CA and are looking to leave. I would really appreciate any suggestions or feedback on moving there, and what its like. We are a family of 4 with 2 small children and love the beach and surfing. Schools would be really important to us along with finding a slower pace of life that is a family friendly community. Also, please no judgment, we are LDS (mormon) and would love to get a local perspective on the congregation(ward) there in Hampstead. Any and all responses are appreciated.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 10:54 PM

13,371 posts, read 27,044,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabeachkid View Post
My wife and i recently visited the Wilmington area on a trip to check out places we are thinking about moving to, and really liked hampstead. I work for a SF based tech company and work from home, so we can really live anywhere. We currently live in Orange County (Huntington Beach) CA and are looking to leave..... Also, please no judgment, we are LDS (mormon) and would love to get a local perspective on the congregation(ward) there in Hampstead. Any and all responses are appreciated.
I think you would enjoy Hampstead. (I have been in Orange County, and understand it's appeal, as well as the congestion and cost.) Wilmingon and Hampstead are much smaller, more low-key, and maybe less materialistic.

I have met a few of the volunteers at the LDS Family History Center in Wilmington. They are good, dedicated people, and I believe you would be welcomed.

The only negative will be that the surfing is not as good as on the California beaches. You really have to go to the Outer Banks for comparable surf.

Old 02-08-2016, 04:43 PM

31 posts, read 43,311 times
I just moved to Hampstead 7 months ago. I moved here for the close proximity to Topsail Island. The schools are good but growing and over crowded. As far as anything else you will need to drive to Wilmington Or Jacksonville to go to malls, chain restaurants, big box stores, Movie theatre bowling or most entertainment. Hampstead offers grocery stores, gas stations some local restaurants a few fast food places and a few local shops. Its growing like crazy and most residential traffic all dumps in on HWY 17 which runs from Wilmington to Jacksonville and is treacherous. All said and done I am glad we moved here and are happy for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina