Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 01:08 PM

78 posts, read 199,674 times

Advertisements

The package is very helpful on getting a good feel for SJP.We told the agent what we were looking for,and that is they showed us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 09:25 AM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
OK... so ten months down here and people ask me to give them the negatives about living here. So after ten months being retired and living in St James Plantation / Southport I am here to report a negative..... it's a BIGGY..... and it's really ticking me off big time......

Old 05-30-2012, 09:41 AM

556 posts, read 622,422 times
Such a good Teaser you could be on TV. We'll be right back with the BIGGY after this commercial!

Old 05-30-2012, 04:21 PM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
OK.... since you asked.....

As we sit down here living the good life, I brought with me "a" suit and two sports jackets, they are all in the back of the closet as I have never had occasion to wear them except for one night I mistakenly put on a sports jacket to go to a member mixer at the Members Club..... and I quickly took it off to be comfortable like everyone else that was there. My uniform has been shorts or slacks and a polo type shirt or a Tommy Bahamas silk shirt.

Now then.... I have an allergy, I am allergic to paying full retail price for anything..... I love taking advantage of a good deal. So Joseph A. Bank and the Mens' Wearhouse have been bombarding me night and day for the last six months with commercials with sales to buy 1 suit and get 47 more for free.... buy 1 sports jacket and get 17 free and they throw in a dozen pairs of pants and a gross of ties and belts to boot.... and on and on it goes. They hit me several times a day on every channel with these great, unbelievable deals that you cannot pass up........ and I have to pass them up ! I cannot take advantage of the deals as I have no need for the darn stuff anymore........ and the mental consternation and anguish it causes me is almost more than one can bear. When it gets real bad, my wife orders me down to Tommy's for a couple of cold draft beers ( usually Yeungling ) and a good cigar ( usually Macanudo ) with the boys and in a while, from our vantage point at the Tki Bar watching the boats come in, it becomes almost bearable.

But...... I suppose things could be worse !

Last edited by Stonecreek67; 05-30-2012 at 04:44 PM..

Old 05-30-2012, 07:04 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,415,635 times
Has it really been 10 months? How is "condo" living and what is the status of your new home?

Old 05-31-2012, 04:06 AM

43 posts, read 147,315 times
Stonecreek67 - Loved your post!!! . . . AND congratulations on your retirement! I have been in a couple of threads with you in the past since I joined Citydata back in 2007. I still have a few more years to go before I officially retire. I live in Whitestone, New York . . . all the best to you and your family!

Old 06-05-2012, 06:33 PM

383 posts, read 891,465 times
Heading down to SJP within the next two weeks to hang out on my lot. Do you think the POA will be upset if I set up a tent? Last time we pulled the Subaru on the lot, sat on the roof and had a picnic.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:53 PM

169 posts, read 583,038 times
When you get here give us a heads-up and maybe we can get together. We always like to meet new St. James people. bill

Old 06-07-2012, 06:49 AM

556 posts, read 622,422 times
Stoneycreek67 and other residents of St James, do you find yourself grilling on the BBQ as much as when you lived up north, or more or less? Are outdoor kitchens pratical? Anything different about grilling at ST James? I'm asking because I've just gotten around to grilling (tank was empty and rain the last couple of weeks).

Old 06-08-2012, 03:33 PM

78 posts, read 199,674 times
Will be down in SJP for good sometime in the last week of june.Looking forward to meeting up with everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina