Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 06:47 AM

805 posts, read 2,003,413 times

Advertisements

To add to the beach parking thing.... most everyone that lives in St James will tell you that once you are living here... and on permanent vacation and just a 15 -20 minute drive to the beach...... they do not go to the beach as much as they thought they would... at least not for all day stays. People come and go at the beach place all day, it's very easy to just go over for an hour or two before or after lunch and go back again, so there are usually parking places that come and go, unless it is a very busy weekend like 4th of July as Texas Tim remarked. We have never seen parking to be a big problem.... in addition, down here, unlike in NJ and many other states up North.... access to the beaches all along Oak Island and adjacent parking at those beach access paths is plentiful, many St James people do not go all the way down to the beach house, they simply go onto the beach at one of the other many access paths..... in short, there are many other easy access paths, with parking, to the beach on Oak Island, one does not have to rely solely on the one at the St James beach house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 01:14 PM

78 posts, read 199,664 times
Just got back from the beach.Beautiful day and half as many people and cars than last week.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:07 PM

1,529 posts, read 2,415,133 times
Used to read Cat Tails on the POA site and the new one requires a password. Is it now only for property owners?

Old 07-15-2012, 10:11 PM

805 posts, read 2,003,413 times
Yes and I can't even figure it out myself yet.... going back for a remedial class.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:05 AM

1,529 posts, read 2,415,133 times
I guess I understand but I thought that "publication" was a good selling tool for the "community" in general. Seems I would be in everyones best interest to promote St James in any way they can.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:52 PM

383 posts, read 891,411 times
Heading to Southport this weekend to make the final call to purchase or build. I will spend a lot of time at Tommy's drinking and pondering my decision.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:40 AM

7 posts, read 13,548 times
Good luck, PonyPride, and have a good trip this weekend. From your previous posts, I thought you had purchased a lot already and were going to build. Sounds like you're reconsidering?....For those of you who are currently in the building process at St. James, I'd appreciate any insights or opinions you can share with me. Did any of you attend the builder's expo last fall? If so, was it useful?.....And as for the POA website, I couldn't access it either!

Old 07-17-2012, 06:40 AM

38 posts, read 84,065 times
Also tried to access POA website, with no luck. Sent a comment to POA about situation. They just switched over to the new website this weekend and are doing a final testing of the website now. An announcement is supposedly going out shortly with all logon and navigation instructions.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:22 AM

78 posts, read 199,664 times
Very nice get together last night at the Reserve Club organized by Stonecreek.After living at SJP for 1 month,everyday gets better with meeting new neighbors.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:06 AM

383 posts, read 891,411 times
Enjoyed having an nice evening at the Marina with Stonecreek, TexasTim and our spouses. I will leave it to Stonecreek to describe the evening, because no one can tell a story better than himself. I am glad I was able to clear up the questions regarding my screen name. "PonyPride" has nothing to do with horses. I am a Mustang enthusiast and the nickname for a Mustang is a "Pony."

On the house front, we have decided to build and have chosen our builder. We are looking forward to start the building process in late September or early October. Every time we go to St. James we love it more and more. Friendships with people like Stone and Tim just make that positive experience even better.

PonyPride
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina