U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2012, 01:01 PM

111 posts, read 208,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
Just a tidbit..... regarding some other plantations and the financial situations of the developer.

Saunders' deal with BOA could flood Brunswick lot market | StarNewsOnline.com
It just got a lot worse, BB&T Corp. just foreclosed on all his other properties today. I'm guessing they are going to accept the rest of his properties as payment....4.5 million worth .....very sad.

Ron W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2012, 03:44 PM

38 posts, read 77,880 times
Default We're baack!!!

Did you miss us? Sure you did. For the few who didn't, we have been MIA since March. If you need a refresher on us, you will find our first and most informative post on Page 97, 3/8/12, 10:11 am.

Where have we been, you ask? Well, after putting a deposit down on our lot in February, I had to tackle my mother's estate. It took much longer than I expected to get her house ready to market and, once on the market, longer than expected to sell. You would think that a waterfront property, on protected water, with 150' feet of waterfront, a pier and boathouse, 1 1/2 acres, 4 bedrms, 3 baths, 2 garages etc would sell in no time if priced to sell. I was dreaming. It sold in late Sept. and I finally received the Court OK to close the estate on Dec. 11. In the middle of all that, Shirley was diagnosed with breast cancer in June. Fortunately, she only needed a lumpectomy and the lymph nodes were found to be clean. After six weeks of daily radiation and a couple of weeks to get her strength back, we loaded our bikes on the back of our ESCAPE, in early October, and headed down to SJP for the "Builders' Weekend." We returned to SJP last week to payoff the lot and submit our application to THE CLUBS (we were made an offer we couldn't refuse). The BIG thrill of our visit was getting the windshield sticker that opens the gates. It was getting tiresome having to pull over at the Guard Station every time we entered SJP after "going off the reservation."

We feel like a couple of "ímpatient kids." Can't wait to make the move and start enjoying the many activities that will be available to us. We both plan to do a lot of bike riding (and join the bike club), watching the sunsets at the Beach Club while killing a bottle of wine (started to get use to this rough activity during our Oct. visit), making use of the pools and exercise facilities and enjoying the community activities like the outdoor concerts. Shirley would like to start a dog obediance training club and work as a volunteer at the NC Aquarium at Ft. Fisher. Me - I want to find the golf game that I lost 15 years ago, linkup with the SJP Redskins Fan group (I had 12 enjoyable years as a member of the Redskins Marching Band), and get active in the local Masonic groups.

Well, we have to go. We have a house that we need to get ready to market, then sell, before we can make the big move to paradise.

Oh yeah. We have mostly enjoyed the posts during our absence. There were a few posts that turned us off with their sniping and bickering, but they were few and far between. We are only human. On the whole, we gained much useful info from them, especially Stoney's. On his recommendation, we stopped by Fishy Fishy last week, after taking the ferry to Ft. Fisher and back. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It reminded us of the rustic waterfront restaurants up here on the Chesapeake Bay and tributaries. Thanks Stoney.
Looking forward to being your neighbors.

Shirley and Lee, the "Active Pair"
(Sorry, not the "Shirley & Lee" who did "Let the Good Times Roll" and "Feels So Good" back in the Fifties)

Last edited by Active Pair; 12-27-2012 at 04:04 PM..

Old 12-27-2012, 05:04 PM

794 posts, read 1,646,166 times
OK then Active... to spritz a bit of lighter fluid on your smoldering embers.... we took the self same ferry over to Kure Beach on Sunday and exactly 3.1 miles from the ferry dock is Freddies Italian restaurant Freddies Restaurant Kure Beach, NC .... an excellent stop when you go over to pick up your wife after work at the aquarium, she can ride her bike over and you pick her and her bike up for the ride home...... great chow just like Little Italy and a nice relaxing ferry ride home.

Old 12-27-2012, 05:15 PM

38 posts, read 77,880 times
Sounds like a plan, Sam... I mean, Stoney. Thanks.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:38 AM

17 posts, read 35,191 times
Stoney...thx, I will! I am bringing some family to SJP on this Sunday to see our lot and have lunch. Hopefully, we can get them interested in the area too!

Old 12-29-2012, 09:11 AM

794 posts, read 1,646,166 times
IsleBBack, check your direct messages at the top of page.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:53 AM

383 posts, read 746,685 times
Looks like I will be at SJP on Monday, January 7th. Anyone want to meet up at the marina for lunch?

Old 12-29-2012, 11:36 AM

169 posts, read 520,376 times
What time? Barbara and I are always up for meeting new people.
We'll be easy to spot, our license plate reads "ST JAMES".

Old 12-29-2012, 02:19 PM

78 posts, read 169,949 times
Shame about ocean ridge also having problems. It was on our list under sjp.
Pony I will check and let you know about lunch.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:33 AM

383 posts, read 746,685 times
Hi Tim, Matt and Crimson,

My wife and I will be at SJP plotting our house on the lot on January 7th. We should be done by 1pm and will be flying back the same day from Myrtle Beach. We will be hanging out at Tommy's for the afternoon. If you want to get together for lunch or snacks after 1pm, that would be great. We look forward to seeing you.

Pony
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina