U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2013, 12:50 PM

169 posts, read 520,222 times

Advertisements

I will see what's holding those issues up, sorry. We are engaged in creating a massive social media website for the POA membership. It's all being done by volunteers and some things are being delayed for the benefit of others. bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 06:38 AM

383 posts, read 746,407 times
Does any one know that if you have a boat on trailer if there is a spot to launch your boat. I assume there is, but I am not sure. Also, do any of the residents run charter type excursions if you want to go fishing out on the ocean?

I am thinking that fishing is a good hobby to take up once I become a resident.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:00 AM

10 posts, read 18,934 times
Pony, I believe Dutchman Creek Park off of Fish Factory Rd is the closet ramp. The Marina in St James is not set up for trailer launching. Also you can store your boat at the storage yard near the entrance to St James for $35 per month, if you can't fit your boat into your garage. It is fenced in and has a keypad that you need to enter your password into, people have their boats, RV's and other items stored there.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:13 AM

Default Boats

Thanks Mikee,

I have a close friend who has a boat on a trailer that will be visiting from time to time. Thanks for the information on where to launch it. One of the hobbies I want to take up is fishing, so I look forward to eventually settling into the area.

Regards,

Pony

Old 03-16-2013, 01:29 PM

794 posts, read 1,645,460 times
Hey Pony... that pile of raw wood is beginning to looke like a house of some sort.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:45 PM

Cool. Is the roof on yet?

Old 03-17-2013, 12:15 PM

794 posts, read 1,645,460 times
Pride of the Pony, the roof structure is there and it would seem that they are ready to put the sheathing on next week, BTW, as I am fairly old and decrepit I do not have a camera, that's why no pictures, besides I am saving the money for later at Tommy Thompsons.

Now then, I believe the weather has broken, it is just a gorgeous day with full sunshine and a nice breeze right about 68 degrees now projected to get over 75 by this afternoon. Just came back from a nice walk around the lake in the Woodlands where I counted no less than 20 turtles sticking their little heads up out of the water to say hello, many babies in the mix, they must have been busy little beavers, strike that, busy little turtles over the winter as the polulation has doubled since the fall.

And now, for those living vicariously through this website until "THAT" time comes.... last evening we and another couple went into Souhport to Thai Peppers WELCOME TO THAI PEPPERS RESTAURANT & SUSHI BAR for dinner. Been there before and we had very nice special crunchy sushi rolls, just lovely... excellent Thai stuff too, steamed dumplings, crab rangoon, chicken wings, a whole fried fish in coconut sauce, Goon Tord ( tempura shrimp and vegetables ) and two orders of Pad Prik Sod ( spicy meat and chicken ) quite excellent. Very nice place for dinner, a bit dumpy looking but excellent sushi and food.

Then we walked about a hundred yards around the corner to the AMUZU theater for Southern Nights, a live western / gospel music show put on for the benefit of the theater restoration, $ 15 tickets. Very nice show for 2.5 hrs and a very good time. The AMUZU theater is a small theater, 120 seats ) just about at the waters edge at the mouth of the Cape Fear River on Howe Street, built in 1913 or thereabouts, just had two inddor bathrooms installed last year for the first time,
What Made the Clock Rock - YouTube ( the video is about a rock and roll show we missed a couple of months ago ) it is a quaint old brick building about 40 feet wide and began by showing silent movies, it was like sitting at the theater back in the 1920's, now they have live shows on occasion usually to benefit one charity or another or the restoration. A very nice evening at the waterfront in Southport, just another nice feature of living down here.

PS: we are now getting showered and all powdered up to head over to Tommy's, tonight's entertainment is The Party of Two, a husband andd wife team that actually rock the place with dancing and frivolity, they are the favorites down here, performing all over Southport and Oak Island, dinner first on the Marina and then some drinks and of course a fragrant Macanudo Baron di Rothchild in the lovely breeze from the waterway whilst listening to the music pleasant conversation with the other boys and girls of St James and all the while trying not to belly laugh too hard so as to not jeopardize our just consumed lovely dinner at Tommy's.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:06 PM

Stoney,

How I envy you. We had snow in NJ yesterday and it is about 40 degrees outside. Thanks for the update even though there are no Pix. When Tim gets back from Texas, he will pull out the high end technology and send some over. I will be down at SJP on March 29th - March 31st. Carol and I would love to meet up with you and your better half if you are around. How is your house going? When will it be complete?

Regards,

Pony

Old 03-18-2013, 09:22 PM

720 posts, read 1,491,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
Thanks Mikee,

I have a close friend who has a boat on a trailer that will be visiting from time to time. Thanks for the information on where to launch it. One of the hobbies I want to take up is fishing, so I look forward to eventually settling into the area.

Regards,

Pony

Pony, if you hang a left coming out of SJP onto 211, then take a left at Sunset Harbor Rd., at the end is another boat launch into the Intracoastal. Relatively new. There's a nice pier there also.
Snowing here, 28 out.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:06 AM

Thanks Poodle,

We got about 2 inches of snow with a good coating of ice. Spring is in two days so I hope things start to melt and we see some warmth soon.

Regards,

Pony
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina