U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 04:29 PM

158 posts, read 281,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBe View Post
Are there different golf memberships? For example-can you join one club or is it $9,000 for a couple with no other options?
Considering SJP and spoke with a site agent today. We were told there is a $15,000 charge for a club membership. This entitles you to use of the clubhouses, pools, restaurants at the clubhouses, the 2 fitness centers and other amenities.

If you choose to have a golf membership, this would be an additional $507.50 per month to play any of the 4 courses which is a total of $6090/year. This only covers your green fees. The cart fee is $20/person per round for 18 holes. They do permit walking their courses which is wonderful. There is also a $50/month food minimum at the club house restaurants totally another $600/year. The HOA dues are $65/month to cover the gates, beach clubs and privately owned roads in the community which totals $780/year.

If you are a golf enthusiast as we are, your total monthly cost would be $622.50/month plus your golf cart charges if you are not a walker.

So in addition to the initial $15,000 non-refundable charge, your monthly dues (golf, food minimums, HOA dues) would total $7470 per year plus cart fees.

What I am wondering from those of you who reside in SJP is if one does not choose to become a club member whether they golf or not, apparently they cannot then use the clubhouse restaurants, pools, fitness centers etc.
Is this correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 05:11 PM

78 posts, read 167,043 times
My social membership is $170 a month. This gives us use of the pools,fitness centers and Reserve club restaurant. Golf is pay when you play. Non members can eat at all the other clubs and use the beach pool.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas tim View Post
My social membership is $170 a month. This gives us use of the pools,fitness centers and Reserve club restaurant. Golf is pay when you play. Non members can eat at all the other clubs and use the beach pool.
Does this mean that you were not required to pay the $15,000 for your type of social membership? What are your "pay when you play" green fees and are you limited to the number of rounds you can play per year with your social membership? With a social membership such as yours, where do all the clubs meet...book club, card groups, art clubs etc?
Thanks..

Old 03-24-2013, 06:37 PM

383 posts, read 729,991 times
Hi Southeast,

If you do not pay the membership, you are not subject to any monthly costs except your $795 semi annual POA dues. You can still use the restaurants at the marina and the clubs as well as the pool by the beach club. You cannot use the fitness centers, tennis courts, seaside club, etc. You can golf a-la carte and pay slightly higher rates and will not get premium tee times. Since we are only going to be part-time residents, that is what we are doing. I still think you can be involved in the many clubs at SJP.

Let me know if you have any questions.

PonyPride

Old 03-24-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
Hi Southeast,

If you do not pay the membership, you are not subject to any monthly costs except your $795 semi annual POA dues. You can still use the restaurants at the marina and the clubs as well as the pool by the beach club. You cannot use the fitness centers, tennis courts, seaside club, etc. You can golf a-la carte and pay slightly higher rates and will not get premium tee times. Since we are only going to be part-time residents, that is what we are doing. I still think you can be involved in the many clubs at SJP.

PonyPride
Thanks Pony. I understand that SJP does not have natural gas. Are you required to have your propane tank buried underground if you choose to have a gas cooktop, gas fireplace or gas outdoor grill?

Old 03-24-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Hi Southeast,

PonyPride
Pony, sorry, forgot to ask in my last post....Does SJP have public sewage and water?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:33 PM

Hi Southeast,

The gas is propane and you have the option of an above ground tank or to bury the tank. I have not yet made that decision, but I am leaning towards burying the tank simply for asthetic purposes. In my home the propane will be used for the stove, fireplace and outside grill. You may also decide to use it for hot water but I went for electric for hot water.

The utilities are public water and sewer. That was a big plus in my decision to build at SJP.

You are not required to have a social membership. I will not have any membership.

Regards,

PonyPride

Old 03-24-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Hi Southeast,

The gas is propane and you have the option of an above ground tank or to bury the tank. I have not yet made that decision, but I am leaning towards burying the tank simply for asthetic purposes. In my home the propane will be used for the stove, fireplace and outside grill. You may also decide to use it for hot water but I went for electric for hot water.

The utilities are public water and sewer. That was a big plus in my decision to build at SJP.

You are not required to have a social membership. I will not have any membership.

Regards,

PonyPride
Thanks Pony, you have been so helpful. What do you know about the hospital system near SJP?

Old 03-24-2013, 08:58 PM

Hi Southeast,

Not sure about the hospitals in Southport or the surrounding area. I know the hospital in Wilmington is very good and that is only 40 minutes away. That is where I will go for anything serious. Otherwise the local hospitals should be ok, but I have not really researched them.

What part of the community are you looking at? I am currently in the midst of building and will be heading down to SJP later this week. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

PonyPride

Old 03-25-2013, 08:10 PM

59 posts, read 113,919 times
Hi Everyone! It's been awhile since I last posted but after some bumps in the road, it looks like we're finally going to close on our lot early part of April! We're really excited to become SJP owners and will be looking forward to when we'll be full-time residents. We will be visiting SJP over Memorial Day weekend for the Open House and can't wait to check out some of the builders and model homes. If you see a couple with a big St Bernard running around the dog park that weekend, that'll be us. Hope to meet some of you on one of our visits down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina