U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 12:27 PM

38 posts, read 77,918 times

Advertisements

So that it is clear how I finally came up with $137 Cost per sf.

1 - I did NOT include the cost of the land.

2 - In both the BASE Cost and TOTAL Cost per Sq. Ft., I used only the heated/cooled area of the first floor area for the BASE; ADDED the area of Bonus Room & Bath and the Sunroom for the TOTAL.

NOT included: The area of the garage, Eze-Breeze porch and front porch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 04:04 PM

568 posts, read 943,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Pair View Post
Forget $97 per Sq. Ft.

How 'bout $134 per st for the BASE LOGAN Bellamy, using 1st Floor heated area. BASE includes Garage & Cov. Porch.

OR $134/sf for our Bells & Whistles Home - Adding BONUS RM & SUNROOM sf to BASE Total.

The Bells & Whistles version includes expanded Bonus R, Extra Course to Foundation, EZE-BREEZE Porch, Base Patio doubled in size, Back Yard Fence, 2 pairs of French Doors, Florida Door from Sunrm to EZ-B Porch, additional Ceiling Fans, upgraded Appliances and numerous small additions and upgrades.
my husband thinks that square footage includes any heated space - he believes that is what we heard when we went down to the Brunswick County House Tour this Fall.....

Old 01-12-2014, 07:11 AM

93 posts, read 168,816 times
Logan Homes Tropic Series "Tavilla" model:

Based on HVAC controlled areas only, excluding land value:

Base Price/SqFt = ~$137.6 <--------- includes Bonus Room
Misc Upgrades Price/SqFt = ~$25.3
Total Price/Sq/Ft = ~$162.9

Gatorbyter

Old 01-12-2014, 08:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,246 times
Quick question on St. James, If I purchase land, what is the time table to build on the property? Also are there any poa fees or other cost associated with my land other then maintance.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:33 AM

383 posts, read 747,277 times
When going through the building process, I strongly considered resale. Even at $140.00/sq ft for a big box builder constructing a 3K sq. ft. home, that is $420K without the land. With all the building going on in St. James (there will constantly be new houses), I am really concerned about recovering equity in a resale environment. The housing market is recovering, but I don't know if we will see $600K for 3,000 sq ft resales. That is the downside of purchasing in such a large subdivision, but the beauty and the nice people to us outweighed that risk.

Pony

Old 01-12-2014, 08:45 AM

383 posts, read 747,277 times
Hi Retire,

There is no timetable to build once you purchase land. You will have to pay your annual POA fees, which is $395 semi-annually and your taxes on the land (~$700 annually depending on your lot value). You do not have to join the clubs, so there are no other fees.

Regards,

Pony

Old 01-12-2014, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 3,246 times
PonyPride, Thank you I will be traveling to the area in Nov of this year and that was one of my questions. Also I would like to thank everone in the St. James community for what they due for the military veterans in the area.

Retire

Old 01-13-2014, 07:48 AM

38 posts, read 77,918 times
Default Internet service?

Are you satisfied with your Internet service?

If so, who do you use?

Do you know how fast it is?

It's getting close to the time to choose.

Old 01-13-2014, 09:47 AM

83 posts, read 123,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
When going through the building process, I strongly considered resale. Even at $140.00/sq ft for a big box builder constructing a 3K sq. ft. home, that is $420K without the land. With all the building going on in St. James (there will constantly be new houses), I am really concerned about recovering equity in a resale environment. The housing market is recovering, but I don't know if we will see $600K for 3,000 sq ft resales. That is the downside of purchasing in such a large subdivision, but the beauty and the nice people to us outweighed that risk.

Pony

Hey Pony, quick question for you or the group. I remember reading somewhere that it would take 5000 homes to totally build out all the available lots in St James. Any idea how many are left... Only way a resale recovers equity is when supply of lots for new Construction decreases. I've been following the For Sale homes in St James and some homes that are still for sale went from almost 600k and now in the low 400's... They still have some beautiful resales. Hope they have some great ones when we pull the trigger as well. Might be sooner than later...............

Old 01-13-2014, 02:02 PM

2,790 posts, read 7,384,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
Just wanted you to know that Mary P and her hubby are down there now - and they have spoken to Crews/Whitney Blair and Farrell(?) so far....will keep you posted .....Nancy
Thanks Nancy!

Looking forward to hearing their thoughts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina