U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 01:05 PM

568 posts, read 943,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joisy jim View Post
wow, what a beautiful lot......
Thanks, joisy jim - here's hoping and praying all goes well for us in the next four or so years so we can come down!!!! Here's to health, and happiness...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 02:24 PM

83 posts, read 123,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
Thanks, joisy jim - here's hoping and praying all goes well for us in the next four or so years so we can come down!!!! Here's to health, and happiness...

bunker down next week all Jerseyites......

The polar vortex likely to return to N.J. next week, this time for the long haul | NJ.com

Old 01-17-2014, 03:38 PM

383 posts, read 747,519 times
Nancy,

What part of NJ are your from?

Pony

Old 01-17-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
Nancy,

What part of NJ are your from?

Pony
Mount Laurel - in true Jerseyite form - "exit 4 of the turnpike"...hee hee hee I work in Princeton; a good one hour+ commute. Have 3 years (hopefully) left at work - and then we are out!! Kids are home, son 25 is waiting to be called up for his air traffic control group (went to Aviation College) but the FAA is slow in getting the NExt Generation up to speed for this because the sequester and shutdown backed up things - daughter is senior at UofMaryland.....

Old 01-17-2014, 07:30 PM

383 posts, read 747,519 times
I used to hang out in Cherry Hill at Olga's Diner.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:32 PM

908 posts, read 1,537,070 times
Nancy looks like a great lot. Did you buy it as a re sale or from the developer?

Old 01-17-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
I used to hang out in Cherry Hill at Olga's Diner.
small world !!!! They tore Olga's down to get rid of the Circle there - and now it's part of an overpass....traffic moves better there, actually.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:53 AM

38 posts, read 77,953 times
Default FOUR Weeks To Go

We just got the word - We close and receive the keys to our new home on February 14th - VALENTINES DAY! How appropriate.

This is one week short of two years after we first visited St. James to see if it was everything it was made out to be and found that it was - and more!

We went down just to look and ended up putting a deposit on a lot. There was no pressure from our SJP Sales Agent. We made it clear that we were not ready to buy. I was tied up dealing with my mother's estate and my wife was about the have surgery for breast cancer, followed by radiation (it was a 100% success). Before we met with him, we spent a day riding our bikes around SJP, checking out the amenities and many of the available re-sales, and another day checking out the local area. With that done, we spent our appointed time with our agent, sitting in a model while he explained the ins and outs of living in St. James, then drove us around, showing us examples of the lots for sale.

On our drive home, we discussed our experience and the homes and lots that we saw. Being in real estate, I knew that things were about to take off and was concerned that we might "miss the boat," if we waited until we were ready. We narrowed our discussion to a lot that had caught our eye and seemed like a "deal we couldn't refuse." Upon arriving home, I called our agent and offered to put down a deposit and pay the balance before the end of the year. He got the OK from the owner and the deal was done.

And now, the time has finally arrived when we can finally enjoy life to it's fullest at St. James.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
Nancy looks like a great lot. Did you buy it as a re sale or from the developer?
Re sale:

Old 01-19-2014, 07:48 AM

908 posts, read 1,537,070 times
Thanks, I wasn't sure as the developer has opened up some new lots with a nice pond view. I am assuming the original owner of the lot took a bit of a "haircut" on the sale to you. I am a couple of years behind you and still looking at SJP and OR. Will be down with the Mrs. for her first trip in Aug. By the way she is originally from Woodbury, NJ so one more Jersey Girl making the move south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina