U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-21-2014, 07:53 AM
 
83 posts, read 123,623 times
Reputation: 58

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
Poodle,

Get the shovel out in CT. I am in Jersey and the white stuff is on its way. The only bright spot is that sometime within the next 8 weeks, I should be back at SJP.

Pony

Just started snowing in Monmouth county, expecting 10-14 inches ..Oy vey!!!!!!

Last edited by joisy jim; 01-21-2014 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2014, 03:19 PM
 
59 posts, read 116,416 times
Reputation: 50
It's coming down here quickly in Philadelphia. No sooner does the husband finish shoveling when the drive has another 1/2" covering. He's been going out every couple hours to shovel. We have about 7" so far and the forecasters are saying the heavy stuff is yet to come. Cannot wait until we're down there and not have to deal with these snowstorms again! We're hoping to start building in the next year, year-and-a-half and use it as a second home until we move down permanently.

I contacted Wegmans also and they told me they usually add a couple new stores a year and would refer my request to their real estate department for further review. But that was months ago. Maybe some day...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2014, 03:38 PM
 
2,790 posts, read 7,376,490 times
Reputation: 2825
Quote:
Originally Posted by abby310w View Post
I contacted Wegmans also and they told me they usually add a couple new stores a year and would refer my request to their real estate department for further review. But that was months ago. Maybe some day...
abby, maybe if enough of us contact Wegmans they will take a Serious look at Brunswick Co

We have about 10" here in the Princeton area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2014, 03:39 PM
 
568 posts, read 941,095 times
Reputation: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
Well, we are getting a new supermarket, but not a Wegmans. Can't wait to get back down to SJP. This polar vortex hanging over NJ is driving me crazy, LoL.
What supermarket are we getting?? Wish it WAS a Wegmans !! I can see me goin' back North at least every 4-5 weeks or so to see the kids/grandkids/and go to Wegmans!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2014, 03:42 PM
 
568 posts, read 941,095 times
Reputation: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
Poodle,

Get the shovel out in CT. I am in Jersey and the white stuff is on its way. The only bright spot is that sometime within the next 8 weeks, I should be back at SJP.

Pony
Yep! I work in Princeton (left at 11:30) and did not get into my driveway of Mt. Laurel (usually a one hour trip) until 2pm. SNOW, SNOW, WHITE OUT SNOW....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2014, 06:26 PM
 
59 posts, read 116,416 times
Reputation: 50
Last time I was there (Thanksgiving) Lowes had a sign up behind Worms and Coffee. We should all inundate Wegmans and maybe they would consider moving to NC.

The courts in Philly closed at noon and a normal 30-minute train ride took over an hour because it was standing room only. People were packed in the cars like sardines and it took so long for people to try to get off at each stop. My husband came to pick me up and it took us 45 minutes to go five miles because it was so bad. I have no idea how much snow is outside, but my Saint Bernard is in heaven! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2014, 07:20 PM
 
151 posts, read 238,644 times
Reputation: 60
At the moment the closest Wegmans to SJP is in Fredericksburg, VA. They plan on opening a store in Charlottesville, VA. Perhaps one day they will expand to Richmond, then down I-85 to Raleigh and then head southeast down I-40 to Wilmington.

According to their web site (I hope this is readable), their upcoming activity:

Store Location Opening Date
Alexandria VA 2015
Burlington MA Fall 2014
Charlottesville VA TBD
Chestnut Hill MA Spring 2014
Concordville PA TBD
Hanover Township NJ TBD
Montvale NJ TBD
Owings Mills MD TBD
Westwood MA TBD

I have read that Publix is invading the Carolinas, while Publix is not a Wegmans, they are pretty nice. They are planning on opening a store in North Myrtle Beach, SC late this year. It would be great to have one in SENC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2014, 08:17 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
383 posts, read 746,551 times
Reputation: 214
Thanks for the update Paul. We will all be dead before there is a Wegmans in the Southport area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2014, 08:54 PM
 
2,790 posts, read 7,376,490 times
Reputation: 2825
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotPaul View Post
At the moment the closest Wegmans to SJP is in Fredericksburg, VA. They plan on opening a store in Charlottesville, VA. Perhaps one day they will expand to Richmond, then down I-85 to Raleigh and then head southeast down I-40 to Wilmington.

According to their web site (I hope this is readable), their upcoming activity:

Store Location Opening Date
Alexandria VA 2015
Burlington MA Fall 2014
Charlottesville VA TBD
Chestnut Hill MA Spring 2014
Concordville PA TBD
Hanover Township NJ TBD
Montvale NJ TBD
Owings Mills MD TBD
Westwood MA TBD

I have read that Publix is invading the Carolinas, while Publix is not a Wegmans, they are pretty nice. They are planning on opening a store in North Myrtle Beach, SC late this year. It would be great to have one in SENC.




PilotPaul, Great info!

While Alexandria is not Brunswick Co. it is about 4 hours closer! And really close to our daughter who lives in Arlington! We'll be there from time to time.

Publix coming to NMB is good news, beats Food Lion!

We are too spoiled here with Wegman's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2014, 06:11 AM
 
151 posts, read 238,644 times
Reputation: 60
Pony - You are welcome. And I hope we all live long enough for the "Wegmans Invasion!"

JerseyJ - You are right we are spoiled with Wegmans.

Wegmans makes the other stores better. Around here they have all remodeled since the Dulles/Sterling, VA Wegmans opened up.

Perhaps one day we can create a "St James Wegmans Refugee Club!" Our only activity will be making periodic trips to Wegmans to stock up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top