U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-22-2014, 08:44 AM

402 posts, read 503,815 times
Amazes me that after all the years with Wegmans on the "top of the food chain" that other "also rans" don't step up their game before Wegmans comes to town. Chains like Wegmans and Stew Leonards make me want to go food shopping. Driving around SJP and OR it is easy to see "there's money in them homes" and some retailer will get creative, step up and get in on the monied action that is there. However the demographics says an older and therefore an inherantly cheap crowd lives behind those gates so don't bet on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 07:49 AM

83 posts, read 39,974 times
hopefully it will be a Harris Teeter. When i lived in charlotte for 20 years they pretty much dominated the landscape. One of the cleanest grocery stores i have ever been in. We are stuck with A&P, Shop Right as the closest stores to us but we have a Wegmans about 10 miles away.

You guys will love "The Teeter" as they call it if thats the new store.

Let us know if anyone hears the final decision.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:55 AM

285 posts, read 198,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotPaul View Post
Pony - You are welcome. And I hope we all live long enough for the "Wegmans Invasion!"

JerseyJ - You are right we are spoiled with Wegmans.

Wegmans makes the other stores better. Around here they have all remodeled since the Dulles/Sterling, VA Wegmans opened up.

Perhaps one day we can create a "St James Wegmans Refugee Club!" Our only activity will be making periodic trips to Wegmans to stock up!
Yes Indeed!! I plan on comin' North once a month to see the offsprings and do my Wegmans, and doctor appointments - as long as I can drive - I will do this!!

Old 01-25-2014, 02:39 AM

238 posts, read 218,799 times
It is freezing in NJ with more snow on the way. I am seriously thinking about getting on a plane next week and going to SJP. Time to check out Spirit Airlines and the temps in Southport.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:56 AM

522 posts, read 659,142 times
Just in case you didn't know... FYI... Allegiant Air has select flights each week from Lehigh Valley Airport (ABE) to Myrtle Beach (MYR) from May thru August for sometimes $ 110 R/T.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:09 AM

71 posts, read 78,284 times
No snow here yet,but it is a little to cold for golfing.

Old 01-25-2014, 01:19 PM

35 posts, read 29,268 times
Pony, another airline to check out is Frontier out of Trenton. It flies into Raleigh but it's not a bad drive from Raleigh to Southport (a little over 2 hours). They run specials where you can get it for as little as $78 round trip.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:35 PM

How is the airport in Trenton? Is it safe? Parts of Trenton are pretty rough.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:51 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,623,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
How is the airport in Trenton? Is it safe? Parts of Trenton are pretty rough.
The Trenton Mercer Airport is in Ewing NJ.

Mercer County, NJ | Directions

Your drive to that airport will not involve Trenton at all.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:05 AM

Ewing is no problem and only a little over an hour from my house. Thanks for the information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina