U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-17-2014, 10:08 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
794 posts, read 1,648,792 times
Reputation: 343

Advertisements

Single family home maintenance you're on your own.... as far as rain they have never been right yet and my birthday is this wekend and I do not believe it will rain.... BTW it only says a chance of showers at some point and they're never right about that either..... the weather is very changeable because of the gulf stream coming across Oak Island and right over us..... not to worry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-17-2014, 11:06 AM
 
78 posts, read 170,122 times
Reputation: 36
Meet a very nice couple yesterday in the Woodlands, and after talking for about 5 minutes, I found out he was "pilot paul" from this forum.

If I remember right, Seaside and Regency charge a fee for mandatory lawn and irrigation fee.

Got to be good weather for Stoney's birthday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2014, 01:26 PM
 
10 posts, read 15,180 times
Reputation: 10
I'm sure I will get all of this information once I get out there - but how do you guys feel about the different areas? Is one better then another? Easier access to the beach etc.? Less general traffic?
Only being out there 3 days I want to make sure we get the most out of it.

And Happy almost birthday Stonecreek!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2014, 05:40 PM
 
568 posts, read 943,779 times
Reputation: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCharlie View Post
I'm sure I will get all of this information once I get out there - but how do you guys feel about the different areas? Is one better then another? Easier access to the beach etc.? Less general traffic?
Only being out there 3 days I want to make sure we get the most out of it.

And Happy almost birthday Stonecreek!
I would say talk candidly to the folks in the Sales office of SJP. We went with another couple last fall and spoke to a Robert Sidden who was very knowledgeable about things like the 100 year flood zone areas, etc. He owns quite a few lots there himself. Very friendly chap. PS - we bought at Ocean Ridge Plantation - but SJP ran a very close second for us in deciding...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2014, 06:48 PM
 
152 posts, read 239,980 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas tim View Post
Meet a very nice couple yesterday in the Woodlands, and after talking for about 5 minutes, I found out he was "pilot paul" from this forum.

If I remember right, Seaside and Regency charge a fee for mandatory lawn and irrigation fee.

Got to be good weather for Stoney's birthday!
Tim - Very cool to run in to someone from this forum and it was nice to meet you and your wife!

Your friends are going to have an amazing house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2014, 06:58 PM
 
152 posts, read 239,980 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCharlie View Post
I'm sure I will get all of this information once I get out there - but how do you guys feel about the different areas? Is one better then another? Easier access to the beach etc.? Less general traffic?
Only being out there 3 days I want to make sure we get the most out of it.

And Happy almost birthday Stonecreek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missynancy View Post
I would say talk candidly to the folks in the Sales office of SJP. We went with another couple last fall and spoke to a Robert Sidden who was very knowledgeable about things like the 100 year flood zone areas, etc. He owns quite a few lots there himself. Very friendly chap. PS - we bought at Ocean Ridge Plantation - but SJP ran a very close second for us in deciding...

Let me second missynancy's thoughts about Robert Sidden. Robert is my real estate agent and was recommended to my by friends that had used his services. He was helpful before I bought my lot and has continued to be helpful after the sale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2014, 06:33 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
383 posts, read 747,669 times
Reputation: 214
We used Bill Gralton, and he was also very good. I have met Hoke Flynt and he seems fine as well.

Pony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2014, 08:41 AM
 
10 posts, read 15,180 times
Reputation: 10
Just two days to go -

I will update you guys on my thoughts and all of my new questions (of which I will probably have lots)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-19-2014, 10:18 AM
 
568 posts, read 943,779 times
Reputation: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCharlie View Post
Just two days to go -

I will update you guys on my thoughts and all of my new questions (of which I will probably have lots)
good luck and keep us posted!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2014, 09:26 AM
 
909 posts, read 1,537,626 times
Reputation: 1901
Last week I was stuck at the Philly airport due to the snow storm. At the hotel bar I started a conversation with the guy next to me, ends up he lives at Sea Trail in Sunset Beach. Gave rave reviews of the new Chinese owner who is putting a ton of money into the place. New carts, cart paths and re doing all the traps. He also mentioned that there are rumors that he is trying to buy the old Angels Trace property from Ocean Ridge and make it part of Sea Trail. I have played the Sea Trail tracks a few times over the years but dismissed the Plantation as a bit "tired" compared to OR and SJP. I did like the proximity to Sunset Beach which in my opinion is the best of the Brunswick beaches. I may have to add it back to my list of potential places to consider. Two years and counting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:12 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top