U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 08:58 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,977,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abby310w View Post
Ponypride is correct. To join the Clubs, you pay either $15k (nonrefundable) OR $30k (80% refundable if you sell your home) and then decide which membership you wish: social, tennis or golf. Each membership has single or family and then resident or nonresident. You can pay nonresident for up to five years; after that you have to pay resident fee. Social membership includes discounts at all clubs for food and merchandise, pools, gym, golf with advance notice at nonpeak times; tennis is not included. Tennis includes everything that social does and obviously includes tennis. The golf is for serious golfers and includes everything. Nonresident minimum is $200/year and resident is $600/year. My husband and I were there last week and met the nonresident minimum easily while there. The POA (HOA) depends on where you live: Regency Lakes, Seaside, Harbor Watch, Club Villas, etc. Someone had posted a link to the fees earlier on this thread. I don't know what the $500 is you mentioned. Hope that helps.
The 500 is if you buy a home and they transfer the membership to the new buyer i have been told. I thought it was 5000.

i wonder if Troon changed the membership structure. Initially the 15 k and 30k options were related to "Golf Memberships" and were above and beyone the Social membership for the pools and ability to eat at the clubs.

Just like in life, "things always change" I bet Stoney has the Scoop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2014, 03:05 PM

93 posts, read 168,706 times
It's $5,000 and it applies to a home OR lot. So if you bought a property that was previously owned and the membership was never bought or has expired, the net damage would be $20,000 (non-refundable membership).

Gatorbyter

Old 06-04-2014, 03:07 PM

78 posts, read 169,994 times
Gatorbyter is correct with the membership fee.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:20 PM

907 posts, read 1,535,335 times
The "Good Mayor" has been noticeably absent from this site since his visit to SJP. Could he be stuck on a Tommy Thompson bar stool?

Old 06-06-2014, 06:49 AM

471 posts, read 491,485 times
Hello again! Super Storm Sandy derailed my efforts to move to St James until now. My house is on the market and I have questions for my friends from this forum.
What experiences have you had with movers? Especially moving from the NY/NJ area.
Have you rented in St James while your house was being built? How did you get your rental?
Did you store your furniture? If so where?
Thanks for your help.
It has been a long recovery from the storm and at times we thought we might not move at all. Things are looking a lot better now!

Old 06-07-2014, 01:40 PM

12 posts, read 27,820 times
We have enjoyed reading all the posts on this thread and finally felt I needed to jump in.
CanalsB posted Just the questions I was planning on asking..
We recently signed the contract to build in SJP with a completion date of Mid December. Putting our house here outside of Philly on the market soon.
Premier moving was recommended but we might need a storage facility and to rent if our home here is sold before our new home is done, which might be the case.
The proposed plan for the Lowes shopping center and The Charles was disappointing for us but hopefully wont be an issue once there. I just canceled my (after 7.5 years) contract as a vendor for a large 62+ retirement living community in DE County, PA and was attracted to SJP because it has families and not a Senior/retirement only community.
It was a tough winter and after growing up in Michigan and Buffalo we felt we were back there is past winter.
Looking forward to socializing, beaching it and some golf.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:38 PM

We had a good experience with Sentry Storage on 211,about 2 miles from SJP

Old 06-11-2014, 05:39 AM

471 posts, read 491,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas tim View Post
We had a good experience with Sentry Storage on 211,about 2 miles from SJP

Thanks, I'm meeting with various moving companies over the next few weeks. I've already dropped one that was so inflexible. They gave me a time window for an estimate and wouldn't budge from it by an hour. I can imagine how they would be if they had my furniture as a bargaining chip.
Is Sentry Storage able to handle a large truck for the delivery?

Old 06-11-2014, 02:04 PM

They have fairly wide lanes between the buildings.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:31 PM

12 posts, read 27,820 times
Thank you also Tim for your recommendation for storage. SJP has suggested Premium movers. Would like some feedback on anyone who has used them. Good or bad experiences are helpful.
Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina