U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2014, 12:09 PM

93 posts, read 168,535 times

Advertisements

My build is ongoing and I don't think it would be appropriate to discuss specifics of any issue, especially one for which I have high confidence we will reach an amicable solution. That is one of the hallmarks of Logan Homes. Each time anything has occurring during the planning or building of my home, a satisfactory remedy has occurred.

As someone told me a while ago, 'building is home is like making sausage. The end product is appealing but watching it done can be a little unsettling'.

I built a new home once in the mid-80s and swore I would never do it again. Obviously, I changed my mind. So far, this build has been nothing like the nightmare I had back then.

Gatorbyter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 12:47 PM

12 posts, read 27,800 times
Gatorbyter
We are going down 2nd week of Sept. for our pre drywall inspection so will just miss you.
Kent Homes is our builder and we couldn't be more happy with them. Our concerns were also that we are not able to closely watch the building but Kent is set up to handle this concern. I wanted to build but my husband didn't want to go through that again as we had a lot of problems last time we built.

Every 2 weeks at a scheduled day and time we have a conference call with our on site project manager and review the photos of what all has been done and to answer any questions we have. Kent also has set up a Portal on their website where we can access all the plans, signed contract and any changes along with all the photos they take which is nice if we have any questions and don't want to dig through my files. The PM made a couple of suggestions on moving a couple of walls, which made sense. He also met with me prior to clearing the lot to show me where our house would be positioned. I must say even the selection process was actually fun. Carol at Kent helped us with many great suggestions which made it easier as she picked up on our taste right away. So far we are very satisfied with them. I only mentioned their names because both Bill and Carol have been so personable and given us wonderful customer service. CS is so lacking that when you do get good service is stands out.

We looked for 2+ years on where we wanted to move to and could not find anything that could knock St James off our first choice. So looking forward this.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:38 PM

20 posts, read 36,119 times
Gatorbyter - Understood. Have never built before and am a bit nervous but everyone seems to end up satisfied overall, so imagine it will be the same for us. Enjoying watching the progress on your place. Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-28-2014, 10:57 AM

23 posts, read 41,342 times
Many of the lots especially those on West Legacy Park Drive are close to where the old wastewater treatment facility was. There can be a very strong odor in that area and I'm not sure why. Could be a variety of reasons. Please visit the area often and make sure any lot you are considering is not affected.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:58 AM

11,319 posts, read 19,940,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep2014 View Post
Many of the lots especially those on West Legacy Park Drive are close to where the old wastewater treatment facility was. There can be a very strong odor in that area and I'm not sure why. Could be a variety of reasons. Please visit the area often and make sure any lot you are considering is not affected.
Thanks for the comment. In the aerial view, the pond just to the west of Legacy Park is full of green algae and it might be the source of the odor. It's certainly something to ask about.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:30 PM

23 posts, read 41,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper709 View Post
Thanks Paul - the article was helpful. We actually are holding a lot which backs up to the pond - and I appreciate your heads up about the Firehouse. Backing up to a service building would not be our choice. The point about the setbacks is one I will have to watch closely - 10 feet between homes seems awfully tight. Since the development wasn't formally platted, it was difficult to get a final look at how the lots will lay out. Regardless of whether we end up in Legacy Park or one of the other neighborhoods, we are really looking forward to it. The residents we met on our short visit were super, the amenities first class, and the overall feel of the place, just terrific.
I appreciate your quick replies guys.
thanks
Skip

Old 08-29-2014, 05:38 PM

78 posts, read 169,901 times
MG&me

Kent built our house and we are very happy
Texas Tim

Old 08-30-2014, 07:57 AM

12 posts, read 27,800 times
Texas Tim,
Thanks, It is always nice to hear from someone who has built with Kent.
We are in Seaside and Kent is the builder there so no real choice but after meeting with them we felt we would have chosen Kent anyway.

Old 09-06-2014, 07:49 AM

383 posts, read 746,407 times
When you join the clubs and you pay the $15K or $25K fee, do you also have to pay a $5K initiation fee? Also, if you live in the Reserve, which membership do you have to have to play the Reserve course?

Old 09-06-2014, 10:36 AM

38 posts, read 70,872 times
Pony,

My understanding is that the only "initiation fee" is the $15k or $30k options depending on whether you pay in 3 installments of $5k or a lump sum of $30k with an 80% refund upon the sale of your home. I believe that if any owner were to purchase the "signature membership" they would be granted the privilege to play on the Reserve course. If I am correct, the signature membership is the only membership that allows Reserve course play, I don't believe that being a resident of the Reserve automatically gives you that privilege.

I hear that it is a beautiful course and it certainly looks that way from the few holes that I have seen coming in on St. James Drive. Looking forward to the opportunity to get out on it (and the other courses as well. Just a couple more years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina