U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2014, 02:48 PM
ESN

27 posts, read 62,218 times

Advertisements

Lots of gators at SJP ...Need to be careful. They climb up on the land to sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2014, 05:01 PM

93 posts, read 168,502 times
Yes ... in my pond in SJP.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:09 PM

383 posts, read 746,331 times
The gator at the beach club is on Oak Island, but I have been told that the Reserve and the ponds around the Marina have gators. I would assume other ponds have them as well. The one I have seen are not large, but I am sure they would do damage if they were threatened.

Old 09-25-2014, 07:05 PM

12 posts, read 27,796 times
Thank you all for the heads up. At least I will be aware now.

Old 09-26-2014, 08:09 AM

566 posts, read 940,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG&me View Post
Thank you all for the heads up. At least I will be aware now.
when we were down last year, we were shown by the Salesman of SJP - - the gator who lives in the pond next to one of the swimming pools - I think it might have been seaside's pool??? can't remember now.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:02 PM

2,789 posts, read 7,375,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep2014 View Post
www.saintjamesinsider.com

Google Terry Reilly of Star News and read some of his articles
Does anyone know who this saintjamesinsider is? I just looked at this web site and it is some venomous stuff. Is he just stirring crap up or does he have a legit resident following?

Terry Reilly is just reporting for the Star Ledger, used to be Shelby Sebans.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:13 AM

4,984 posts, read 2,233,487 times
"During public comments, resident Rodger Nixon accused the developer of hiding the fact that Legacy Park sits on the site of a former sewage treatment facility. Nixon asked, "Why would anyone pay for the pleasure of sitting on top of human waste?"

Fed up with the developer's handling of Legacy Park and other issues, Nixon set up a website called saintjamesinsider.com. His stated mission is to expose "the activities of the developer, their broken promises and the actions they are taking to profit at the expense of the current members of the community."

Star News Online

I looked at his web site one time. I saw nothing that identified who created it nor did I see anything that looked like factual information, resources, or references. That alone speaks volumes to me. Validity of sources of information is a fundamental part of web based research. I think Mr. Nixon is just mad, MAY have some valid points, but has a hard time vocalizing them outside of rhetoric and anger.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:11 PM

23 posts, read 41,340 times
Default Star News Wilmington, NC

http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl...te=printpicart

Old 09-27-2014, 07:45 PM

Default Legacy Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
"During public comments, resident Rodger Nixon accused the developer of hiding the fact that Legacy Park sits on the site of a former sewage treatment facility. Nixon asked, "Why would anyone pay for the pleasure of sitting on top of human waste?"

Fed up with the developer's handling of Legacy Park and other issues, Nixon set up a website called saintjamesinsider.com. His stated mission is to expose "the activities of the developer, their broken promises and the actions they are taking to profit at the expense of the current members of the community."

Star News Online

I looked at his web site one time. I saw nothing that identified who created it nor did I see anything that looked like factual information, resources, or references. That alone speaks volumes to me. Validity of sources of information is a fundamental part of web based research. I think Mr. Nixon is just mad, MAY have some valid points, but has a hard time vocalizing them outside of rhetoric and anger.

The saintjamesinsider.com web site has only been in development for less than a week. Keep checking, more and more will be added. I know the website developer and yes he is angry but there is so much going on in this development that is undeniably wrong, I don't blame him or anyone else for being angry.

If you have any questions regarding Legacy Park or the way SJP Town Council has behaved surrounding this Legacy Park development. Just post them. I will get back to you with the facts. You will be appalled at what's been going on.

Old 09-28-2014, 05:38 AM

Default St James aricles

Check out both articles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina