U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2014, 07:55 PM

152 posts, read 238,644 times

Advertisements

Pony,

As I recall, with theSignature Membership, they only allow you to be a "Non-Resident" for 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
Tim,

I thought there was a 5 year limitation, but I may be wrong on that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 08:47 PM

383 posts, read 746,685 times
Thank Paul. Since I have a home in the community does that automatically qualify me as a resident, even though I am not there full time. Also, do you know what the monthly cost of a social membership is and what benefits you receive?

Old 10-12-2014, 09:23 AM

4,985 posts, read 2,235,360 times
Signature Social
Resident - $165
Non-resident - $105

The Signature Social Membership allows the Member to use the fitness, swimming, dining, Clubhouse and other special facilities of the Reserve Club, The Founders Club, The Members Club and The Players Club. Complementary use of the golf practice facilities and 7 days advance tee time sign-up are included.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:05 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,976,647 times
If Troon was smart he would reconsider these changes. Tons of money spent on the "!9th hole".

Old 10-12-2014, 10:28 AM

152 posts, read 238,644 times
For 2015, the prices and conditions change.

Signature Social

Family:
Resident - $180
Non-resident - $115

Single is eligible for a discount, but they did not list it in the price sheet.

The Signature Social Membership allows the Member to use the fitness, swimming, dining, Clubhouse and other special facilities of the Reserve Club, The Founders Club, The Members Club and The Players Club. Social Member is limited to playing 24 annual rounds of golf at The Founders Club, The Members Club and The Players Club. Use of practice facilities will be limited to being a registered golfer prior to round on that day. Seven day advanced tee time sign-up are included at the The Founders Club, The Members Club and The Players Club.

So the rates went up a little, but now your golfing is limited to 24 times per year (no more Reserve Club) and no practicing unless you are scheduled for that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Signature Social
Resident - $165
Non-resident - $105

The Signature Social Membership allows the Member to use the fitness, swimming, dining, Clubhouse and other special facilities of the Reserve Club, The Founders Club, The Members Club and The Players Club. Complementary use of the golf practice facilities and 7 days advance tee time sign-up are included.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:06 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,976,647 times
Pilot..

Did they raise the initiation from $30k to $45k?

Old 10-12-2014, 11:14 AM

794 posts, read 1,645,778 times
Default !

Biscy, just another reason to stay away from this place.... since you have several years I believe that a prudent person would cross St James off their list immediately and begin investigating the plethora of obviously better alternatives that exist in the area.... it ain't gonna get any better.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:10 PM

"Starting Monday, October 13th, the Beach Club Parking lot will be CLOSED for renovations. Although the pool closes today, Sunday October 12th, the upper deck seating area and bathrooms will be open until the end of the month. To access this area you will have to park on the outside of the Beach Club parking lot walk down 72nd Street and use the ramp/shower area to get to upper deck. This renovation will create 13 more parking spaces (20% more) and improve the traffic flow on 72nd Street.

The POA will send an email out when the renovation is completed, approximately 2 weeks (weather permitting).

Sincerely,

St. James Plantation POA "

Old 10-12-2014, 12:33 PM

383 posts, read 746,685 times
Ok, so how much do you have to put down for the Signature Social Membership and in addition to that amount, is there and activation fee ($5k)?

Old 10-12-2014, 01:06 PM

All I have is current info. I have received no info changes or what they may be. What I have is:

Signature Membership Deposit (80% Refundable) $30,000
OR
Signature Membership Initiation Fee (non-Refundable) $15,000

Activation Fee (If Applicable) $5,000
Application Processing Fee (Resale Only) $500
Annual Food and Beverage Minimum Residents $625
Annual Food and Beverage Minimum Non-Resident $200

Now ... the rumors of changes do concern me. Other than whats been said here, another long time resident I was speaking with last week first informed me changes were afoot. Their input was, there would be a $10 fee for the driving range instead of being free with membership. Details were sketchy at best and may not be reliable.

If you sign a contract with the club for certain privileges, I would think, they cannot change those privileges for you even if they change for future members. The membership application and agreement does state:

"The Club Owner shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Membership Plan or terminate a membership category at any time. In the event of such termination, the Club Owner shall refund, without interest and subject to offset unpaid charges, 100% of all Membership Deposits applicable to the affected Refundable Memberships ....."

Now ... I am expecting to move into SJP in mid November. Being on a fixed income I was planning to postpone joining the club until after the 1st of the year in order to spread out the tax hit on my savings withdrawal. If there are increases in membership fees or changes in the membership agreement on the first of the year, I may want to rethink my position and go ahead and join now rather than wait. I assume I will have to pay increased monthly membership fees and increased monthly food purchase requirements regardless.

It is my intention to call Ms. Becky Jones soon and clarify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina