U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 02:40 PM

45 posts, read 155,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep2014 View Post
I believe if you are Social the only club where you can pay to play on the practice range is going to be Members. They will not offer this option at the other clubs. It will only be offered at Members. you may want to verify this with Becky.
Great. Becky gave a 5 word answer ("Pertains to Members Club Only"), so I didn't even think to ask if that meant the other ranges were off limits altogether. That would make it even worse. I guess I better follow up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 03:14 PM

38 posts, read 70,898 times
Well Stoney, I'll invite you to dinner at Members if you invite me to dine at the Reserve! What are friends for? LOL!

Old 10-14-2014, 05:20 PM

794 posts, read 1,646,166 times
I can be had for a diet coke with extra lemon.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:04 PM

383 posts, read 746,685 times
Just one more membership factoid.

Membership told me that SJP Clubs are moving in the "near future" to members only dining. Unless you have a Signature or Premier membership, the only dining option you will have is Tommy's.

Ponypride

Old 10-14-2014, 06:22 PM

152 posts, read 238,885 times
For those who live in SJP, are the club restaurants so crowded that it would make sense to eliminate non-club members from dining? My only experience was this past summer on a Saturday night when I tried to make a last minute reservation at the Reserve Club for dinner and they were booked. Every other time I had no trouble making a reservation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
Just one more membership factoid.

Membership told me that SJP Clubs are moving in the "near future" to members only dining. Unless you have a Signature or Premier membership, the only dining option you will have is Tommy's.

Ponypride

Old 10-14-2014, 06:36 PM

I have not had an issue with reservations, but I usually make them one day in advance. Of course once the plantation is built out, that may be a problem.

Old 10-14-2014, 08:05 PM

38 posts, read 70,898 times
So it appears that SJP is beginning the transformation into a true "country club" environment where the majority of the amenities will only be available to those homeowners who can afford to be "members". I wonder if that was the vision of Homer Wright and partners when SJP was being planned. I'm also curious how those individuals who are long time residents and have been using the club dining facilities will respond when they are turned away at the door for being non- members. Seems like it might be a touchy situation.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:56 AM

907 posts, read 1,534,999 times
Looks like there is "trouble in paradise". My thoughts have always been to look hard at SJP and OR with WR as an alternate. I am 2 years away from heading south from PA. I was down in NMB in Aug and for the first time showed the "plantations" to the Mrs. She felt they were isolated and too far from the beach. The numbers at SJP are getting a tad over the top and unless they get reflected in lower property costs will be prohibitive. As a result I have expanded my search to include North Myrtle Beach, SC.

SC is better tax wise and I have found a gated development (Ocean Keyes) that is a walk to the beach, shopping, bars etc. As a resident I would have discounted golf at 100 courses. I am still going to rent for a period of time to make sure I am making the right move but my area of "investigation" has expanded.

Old 10-15-2014, 06:07 AM

Make sure if you buy in SC it is your personal residence. I was going to buy and move down there a few years later. As a non resident the property tax rate is much higher. My taxes for the same type home in SJP would have been triple in Hilton Head. If you live there year round it is no problem.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:04 AM

45 posts, read 155,726 times
Per Becky:

Quote:
Beginning January 1, 2015, the only practice facility available to Social Members is at The Members Club ($10 daily fee), except for day of play at Founders, Members or Players Clubs (no fee).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina