U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2014, 08:13 PM

383 posts, read 746,969 times

Advertisements

We were there over the weekend and saw gator's house too (gator- we have pictures of the inside to forward to you).
MG- where is your house being built? We are in the Reserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 10:38 AM
ESN

27 posts, read 62,268 times
Last week's State Port Pilot carried a notice that Brunswick County Health Services will distribute potassium iodide (KI) to residents within the ten-mile emergency planning zone of the Duke Progress Brunswick Nuclear Plant near Southport; St James is within this zone. KI can protect the thyroid gland in the event of an emergency at a nuclear power plant, if taken correctly. It should be kept in its original packaging and stored in a cool, dry location, and should be taken only when instructed by emergency officials.

Residents can pick up KI pills at the St. James Community Center on Tuesday, November 18th from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. or 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.

For more information, please call Fred Michael at Brunswick County Health Services
(910/231-3362).

Old 11-14-2014, 11:09 AM

That is standard operating procedure for people with a certain range from a Nuclear plant. No reason for concern.

Regards,

Pony

Old 11-23-2014, 11:33 AM

6 posts, read 12,144 times
I've would suggest you check out Ocean Ridge Plantation in Ocean Isle Beach. It is one of the nicest communities in the area, has an amazing amount of amenities and is only 15 minutes from N Myrtle Beach to the south and 50 minutes to Wilmington to the N. While it is a little more pricey than most, if you are looking at [/color][/color]
St James you will probably find the pricing in line with Ocean Ridge Plantation. If you are interested in a lower price point but still want
a nice community with amenities with great proximity to the beach and shopping, night life, medical facilities ETC I would suggest you
check out both Sunset Ridge in Ocean Isle Beach and Rourk Woods in Shallotte.
[/LEFT]
[LEFT][/LEFT]

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-29-2014 at 02:33 AM.. Reason: tos Into

Old 11-24-2014, 09:21 AM

45 posts, read 155,754 times
I saw in the paper last week that the permitting for St James Drive extension is 99.5% complete and they expect to complete the extension in time for hurricane season next year. If so, that's great news!

Old 11-26-2014, 11:55 AM

10 posts, read 18,767 times
Default St James Drive extension to new exit

Hi all,
We have just closed on a lot in Woodlands Park and are looking forward to building and joining the community in a few years. I was curious if anyone knows which street(s) from Woodlands Park will connect to the St James extension as an outlet to the new Southern exit. I assume Park Ridge would be one logical extension - not sure if there are any others.
Thanks.

Old 11-26-2014, 07:19 PM

93 posts, read 168,731 times
I am headed to Southport (SJP) on Friday to begin the week long "closing process". I am both excited and apprehensive. To date, I have mostly positive things to say about the builder (Logan Homes), and in particular my site supervisor who I sincerely believe has done an exceptional job.

As I understand it, I am to generate a Punch List of quality and/or non-conformance issues, present those issues on Monday morning, and the builder works in earnest to complete that list within the week .... although they have indicated there can be issues that require longer to resolve. That is certainly understandable and not a big deal for me, since I am not planning to occupy the home full-time for a bit.

I will post again after all the dust has settled and bring the forum up to speed on how smoothly the final details go.

Gatorbyter

Old 11-26-2014, 08:18 PM

Best Wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving. Have a safe and happy holiday.

Ponypride

Old 11-28-2014, 08:53 AM

11,323 posts, read 19,956,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipper709 View Post
I was curious if anyone knows which street(s) from Woodlands Park will connect to the St James extension as an outlet to the new Southern exit. I assume Park Ridge would be one logical extension - not sure if there are any others.
Pepperbush Drive (off Park Ridge Drive) seems to be roughed-in for a exit to Middleton Blvd. Link here: http://goo.gl/maps/NV1CX

Old 11-28-2014, 10:41 AM

28 posts, read 27,995 times
Pepperbush is mapped out to dead end with a cul-de sac. Park ridge curves south and branches to White Spruce Glen which, if extended south, will meet close to the opening of St. James Drive and Middleton Blvd.
That would seem the most logical place, rather than add another exit in addition to the proposed extension of St. James Drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina