U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2014, 09:57 PM

3 posts, read 5,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas tim View Post
Biscman and Pony are correct. As a social member,I golf approx. 80-90 9 hole rounds at SJP with 16 guys in my golf group. The courses are fairly empty in the afternoons. I do not understand Troons limitations on social golfer 24 rounds a year in the afternoon only,not to mention the bar tab we run up in the clubs??? When I paid into the club membership, it was implied that there was no limit on tee times,as long as the golf members were taken care of first as it should be. In addition to that, they are also restricting the driving range(which does not cost more to operate whether there is 1 or 10 people hitting balls).Now Troon is saying for $45 more a month you can play tennis and use the driving range.That is fine for new members thinking about joining,but should not be for present members who were told there were no restrictions.I have seen one letter so far with over 100 signatures protesting Troon's changes and I am sure there are others on the way. SJP is a great place to live and I do not regret it for a minute, but the developer,club management and Legacy Park infighting is leaving a bad taste in people's mouth.I do not believe Homer Wright is very proud of the way his 2nd generation is handling some things
Hey Texas Tim,
Where in TX are you from. Hubby and I are from the rio grande valley. We have lived all over and are moving to SJP around May of 2015.. We would love to meet other Texans for football parties etc. must be other @ SJP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,005 times
Default New to neighborhood, renting... Where to meet people?

Hi All... Amazing thread here.

I'm currently spending a few weeks in Saint James on a workcation. I just arrived this weekend (from Raleigh) and am renting one of the condos. Honestly, I'm not really sure where to go to meet the neighbors since it seems most of the condo units are just rentals and the community is just huge.

Any suggestions? I love golf and am planning on some rounds. So far so good, but just not sure where/when the events are. Please let me know if you need someone to join you for golf or if you are aware of any good outings to meet people in the neighborhood.

Thanks,

Jim

Old 12-05-2014, 04:23 PM

78 posts, read 167,018 times
Raider Red
We moved to SJP from the DFW area.. Several friends from texas have followed us here.

Old 12-06-2014, 04:16 PM

99 posts, read 182,958 times
Welcome. We lived in Colleyville for 14 years, great place to raise a family, we loved it. This area of NC is a great place to be.

Old 12-07-2014, 03:04 PM

78 posts, read 167,018 times
Coastal1006

We lived next town over in Keller

Old 12-08-2014, 06:45 AM

93 posts, read 163,371 times
As promised, this is my feedback on my new-home construction "closing" with Logan Homes last week ....

I arrived on the weekend following Thanksgiving and constructed my "Punch List" of items that needed addressing. On Monday morning the Site Superintendent did a walk-thru on the home and I present the Punch List to them. The feedback I received from him was that the number of items on the list was about "average" and nothing on the list was seen as unreasonable. Most of the items were cosmetic in nature.

Over the next few days, various people/crews showed up to resolve things, including painters, landscapers, a glass polisher, cabinet installer, and electrician. A handful of items did not get completely resolved (due to unavailability of the contractor or lead-time to get materials) and those became "Exceptions" that get resolved after the formal closure. As I understand it, those Exceptions will get corrected over the next few weeks. None of the Exceptions would prevent the home from being occupied.

I officially closed on Thursday with Logan Homes and completed business with the bank (BB&T) to modify the construction loan to a permanent mortgage.

In summary, the build process with Logan Homes is much the same as the vast majority of people who have contributed to this forum: Excellent! Of course, there were opportunities for improvement (NO process is perfect) and I provided feedback as such. But overall, I am quite satisfied and would not hesitate to recommend Logan Homes as a builder to a friend or associate!

One last comment .... I appreciate the input from others on this forum who helped me be more educated on the front-end of the build. I sincerely believe that the build process needs to be a shared responsibility between the builder AND the future home owner. Do your homework and know what is expected of both you and them.

If there are any specific questions I will take them in either private or public form.

Gatorbyter

Old 12-08-2014, 09:56 AM

11,145 posts, read 19,257,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorbyter View Post
I officially closed on Thursday with Logan Homes and completed business with the bank (BB&T) to modify the construction loan to a permanent mortgage.
Thanks for the feedback on BB&T as a construction lender. I have often wondered who would do those loans. Have you already sold your primary home?

Old 12-11-2014, 07:36 AM

4,671 posts, read 2,049,700 times
NCSECU also does construction loans.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:59 AM

93 posts, read 163,371 times
I tend not to plug banks and financial institutions online, but I will make an exception in this case ....

BB&T has a Construction to Permanent Mortgage program whereby you do only a single closing (on the front-end of the home build project). The construction loan component is an interest only loan ... which will be about a point higher than what you could get a permanent mortgage for, at the time the loan is approved. After all proceeds have been paid out to the builder AND a Certificate of Occupany is obtained, the loan transitions to a permanent loan (points and interest) at prevailing mortgage interest rates. Note, with the BB&T program, you can "lock the rate" for 60 days, something you might want to do near the end of your construction.

In my case the construction loan was 4.25% (construction began about May 2014) and I locked in the 15-year loan rate of 2.875% in mid-October. I was fortunate and rates decreased during my construction. My final paperwork signing was on 12/1 in the Southport BB&T branch, took about 2 minutes, and involved signing a few papers. Again, it's one closing (on the front-end) which I personally found appealing and convenient.

Contact the BB&T office in Southport and ask for Blakley Huntley. She is very well known in the Southport region.

Gatorbyter

Old 12-11-2014, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 3,288 times
Does anyone have information on the architectural guidelines at SJP? I've called and can't seem to get a straight answer. Specifically, I am trying to find out if I were to purchase a lot, would my home need to be a specific minimum square footage? Would I have to choose from a list of "preferred" builders? Am I limited to certain styles of homes? Are garages to be side loading only, or can they be front loading? Does the exterior of the home have to be brick/stone? Are there gas lines in the neighborhood so I can have a gas cook top?

I apologize if this is already addressed earlier in this thread - I skimmed back several pages and I didn't see it.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina