U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 08:17 PM

383 posts, read 740,992 times

Advertisements

If you are concerned with the "Serious Disadvantages" of the upfront cost to join the clubs at SJP, then don't look at Landfall. Their costs are much higher. Also at SJP you do not have to be a member of the clubs. Residents can golf 12 rounds per year and just pay the non discounted rate. You can still use the parks, beach club, marina, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 07:26 AM
ESN

27 posts, read 61,723 times
AT SJP if you are not a member you can not use any of the pools or any of the gyms.. You have to swipe your card to get in. And you can not eat at the Reserve Club House...

Old 03-27-2015, 07:52 AM

784 posts, read 1,630,156 times
This is true.. a real country club community.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:59 PM

4,941 posts, read 2,183,399 times
POA Dues 790 year
Social Club dues 180 month/2160 year
$8.00 a day
A couple - $4 a person/day

For:
Water Park/kayak launch/pier/shelter/exercise trail/play ground
Beach Club/pool/parking/snack bar/restrooms/sitting area/Atlantic ocean
Reflection Park
Chapel
Library
Marina
2 fitness centers/3rd on the way/indoor pool
3 out door pools
Community gardens
Miles of walking/biking trails
Beautiful views of marsh lands/golf courses/ponds/lakes/ICW/immaculate landscaping
Fishing ponds
Street lighting
Trash/recycle/yard debris pick up
Founders Club/restaurant
Members Club/restaurant
Reserve Club/restaurant
Players Club/restaurant
Tommy Thompson's board walk marina dining/Tiki bar overlooking marina
Numerous special events/dances/music/live entertainment
Amphitheater/out door concerts/beautiful lake/walking trail/play ground/rest rooms
2 dog parks/wash station
All kinds of clubs and special interest groups including biking/kayaking/cards/community service ..... more ... more ..more
Dedicated EMS and fire station (major insurance savings)
Diversified population with serious life skills that are friendly and easy to get along with (mostly ... there are always a few)
Many resources for communication and community updates/web sites/email/ magazine/bulletin boards ...for almost everything
7/24 security/gated entrances
Wildlife/grey squirrels/fox squirrels/deer/hawks/eagles/pelicans/dolphins/turkeys ....

Expensive? ....

Old 03-27-2015, 02:09 PM

784 posts, read 1,630,156 times
I do not believe so.... it's a good value for the money.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:49 PM

93 posts, read 166,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
POA Dues 790 year
Social Club dues 180 month/2160 year
$8.00 a day
A couple - $4 a person/day

For:
Water Park/kayak launch/pier/shelter/exercise trail/play ground
Beach Club/pool/parking/snack bar/restrooms/sitting area/Atlantic ocean
Reflection Park
Chapel
Library
Marina
2 fitness centers/3rd on the way/indoor pool
3 out door pools
Community gardens
Miles of walking/biking trails
Beautiful views of marsh lands/golf courses/ponds/lakes/ICW/immaculate landscaping
Fishing ponds
Street lighting
Trash/recycle/yard debris pick up
Founders Club/restaurant
Members Club/restaurant
Reserve Club/restaurant
Players Club/restaurant
Tommy Thompson's board walk marina dining/Tiki bar overlooking marina
Numerous special events/dances/music/live entertainment
Amphitheater/out door concerts/beautiful lake/walking trail/play ground/rest rooms
2 dog parks/wash station
All kinds of clubs and special interest groups including biking/kayaking/cards/community service ..... more ... more ..more
Dedicated EMS and fire station (major insurance savings)
Diversified population with serious life skills that are friendly and easy to get along with (mostly ... there are always a few)
Many resources for communication and community updates/web sites/email/ magazine/bulletin boards ...for almost everything
7/24 security/gated entrances
Wildlife/grey squirrels/fox squirrels/deer/hawks/eagles/pelicans/dolphins/turkeys ....

Expensive? ....
You forgot gators ... don't forget the gators!

Gatorbyter

Old 03-28-2015, 07:46 PM

3 posts, read 5,654 times
Hey Texas Tim and Coastal 1006. We have lived all over. When we get to SJP, it will be our third and final one. Our daughter went to HS & U in Raleigh. Married a guy from Jacksonville & with grandkids now, NC is our forever home. When we get there this summer from MI and settle in we will look y'all up. We lived in Lewisville/Double Oak for 16 yrs before we started moving.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Old 03-29-2015, 08:41 AM

561 posts, read 927,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
I do not believe so.... it's a good value for the money.
even with the fees, it STILL is a good value for your money, I totally agree....we were on the fence between ORP and SJP for a very long time! If I could have found a lot with a pond view for the price I found one at ORP, I may have gone SJP -

Old 03-30-2015, 12:32 PM

20 posts, read 37,432 times
My wife and I have a lot in Woodlands Park and will be moving in a few years to SJP. By southern California standards SJP is a great deal. For us to move into a neighborhood anything like SJP in the San Diego is well beyond our means, not to mention the tax rate in NC vs. CA. It really depends on where you are looking from.

Old 04-05-2015, 09:59 AM

1,088 posts, read 1,958,250 times
Might be a crazy question but thought I would ask anyway. Have most of the buyers in SJP sold their prior residences before purchasing a home in SJP. Was wondering what the appetite is for "Contingency" contracts are. I'm sure it depends on individuals selling their homes but was just wondering what the norm was. This question is related to resales vs building new. Thanks in advance...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina