U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-09-2016, 08:11 AM
 
59 posts, read 116,504 times
Reputation: 50

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisanevada View Post
Do you mind sharing which builder you selected along with the approx square footage of your dream home?

Thanks!
We're going with Liberty. They build primarily in Compass Pointe and Brunswick Forest. They just built their first home in St. James. The house we chose was one of their biggest. It's a little over 2100 sq ft on the first floor not including the huge screened porch and wrap around front porch. A lot of their floor plans have double FROGS that are gorgeous but we're going with just one that will be around 400 square feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-22-2016, 11:02 AM
 
59 posts, read 116,504 times
Reputation: 50
I just received this email about the former Charles site. Apparently it is now called Pine Forest Plantation. Anybody else hear about this or see any development going on?

http://pineforest.cmail20.com/t/View...FB8100885F948E
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2016, 11:17 AM
 
398 posts, read 374,138 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by abby310w View Post
I just received this email about the former Charles site. Apparently it is now called Pine Forest Plantation. Anybody else hear about this or see any development going on?

http://pineforest.cmail20.com/t/View...FB8100885F948E
This has already been posted here:

The Charles, Southport NC

I think its best to keep all the conversation regarding The Charles, or PFP, on that thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-23-2016, 01:29 PM
 
4,987 posts, read 2,238,522 times
Reputation: 7155
Quote:
Originally Posted by abby310w View Post
I just received this email about the former Charles site. Apparently it is now called Pine Forest Plantation. Anybody else hear about this or see any development going on?

http://pineforest.cmail20.com/t/View...FB8100885F948E
The view from the road has remained pretty static for awhile. Recently things have changed a bit but nothing to write home about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2016, 11:40 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,583 times
Reputation: 10
My wife and I will be making our 2nd trip to SJP in April and are hoping to meet some residents in order to get a true feeling for life there. Whats the best way to hook up ? We will be there April 13 thru 16 or longer. Thanks, Pilotal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-25-2016, 04:07 PM
 
4,987 posts, read 2,238,522 times
Reputation: 7155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotal View Post
My wife and I will be making our 2nd trip to SJP in April and are hoping to meet some residents in order to get a true feeling for life there. Whats the best way to hook up ? We will be there April 13 thru 16 or longer. Thanks, Pilotal
Sometimes there member mixers at the clubs but I don't see anything for those dates.

Maybe at Tommy Thompsons on Friday night. If the weather is nice there will probably be several people around the outside bar there. The pools are warming up fast, chairs and umbrellas are out so they pretty much look ready for the season. That may be a good opportunity to meet people and chit chat. If you work out you can meet people in the gyms most anytime. There is a pretty constant flow of people in and out of waterway park. If you fish, drop a line in the water at the pier and chat with who ever comes by. Maybe take a picnic lunch to amphitheater in Woodlands, hang out and chat with people that walk around the lake there.


That's about all I can think of. If the weather is nice, people in general spend time outdoors walking, riding bikes, golfing, playing tennis etc. I mentioned most of the common areas they may go to above. Of course, if you visit and spend time at all the locations I mentioned, you will start "to get a true feeling for life there."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2016, 10:40 AM
 
Location: San Diego, CA
20 posts, read 37,787 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Sometimes there member mixers at the clubs but I don't see anything for those dates.

Maybe at Tommy Thompsons on Friday night. If the weather is nice there will probably be several people around the outside bar there. The pools are warming up fast, chairs and umbrellas are out so they pretty much look ready for the season. That may be a good opportunity to meet people and chit chat. If you work out you can meet people in the gyms most anytime. There is a pretty constant flow of people in and out of waterway park. If you fish, drop a line in the water at the pier and chat with who ever comes by. Maybe take a picnic lunch to amphitheater in Woodlands, hang out and chat with people that walk around the lake there.


That's about all I can think of. If the weather is nice, people in general spend time outdoors walking, riding bikes, golfing, playing tennis etc. I mentioned most of the common areas they may go to above. Of course, if you visit and spend time at all the locations I mentioned, you will start "to get a true feeling for life there."
What ditchoc said but I would also suggest going to some of the restaurants/shops outside of SJP and asking the locals what they think. We asked more than a few of the locals and all but 1 had great things to say about the people moving in. One of the many reasons we bought a lot was how friendly and easy to talk to everyone was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2016, 05:58 AM
 
398 posts, read 374,138 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy314 View Post
What ditchoc said but I would also suggest going to some of the restaurants/shops outside of SJP and asking the locals what they think. We asked more than a few of the locals and all but 1 had great things to say about the people moving in. One of the many reasons we bought a lot was how friendly and easy to talk to everyone was.
What?! Go outside the SJP gates? Oh my! Never do that that. You may have to deal with an actual native, or god forbid, someone darker than you. Much too dangerous. Stay inside the bubble where its safe and comfortable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2016, 04:10 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
383 posts, read 746,969 times
Reputation: 214
Obviously, you will get a skewed opinion from Lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2016, 05:51 PM
 
398 posts, read 374,138 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPride View Post
Obviously, you will get a skewed opinion from Lucky.
Correction...skewed opinions come from behind the gates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top