U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2017, 02:27 PM

4,985 posts, read 2,234,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnikjim View Post
Is Wyndmere open all the way to Oceanic yet? If not, have they said when to expect completion?
Not yet. It is pretty much done except for paving. At least part of that land has not yet been annexed by the Town of St James. It is part of St James but falls under the jurisdiction of Brunswick County, not the Town of St Jame. The new fire station annex is involved in this (its going to be on this new road) and an I know the SJP fire department is anxious for some of these issues to be resolved. I think annexation is coming very soon. Primarily because dealing with the Town will be easier than dealing with the county when it comes to construction etc. Included in the new fire station will be an emergency operations center specifically for SJP.

There have been a few people that that have had issues between the developer and annexation but mostly I think it is trivial but some people do not.

So .... there is a lot of politics going on in the background but I think the road will be open soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 02:32 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,535,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Not yet. It is pretty much done except for paving. At least part of that land has not yet been annexed by the Town of St James. It is part of St James but falls under the jurisdiction of Brunswick County, not the Town of St Jame. The new fire station annex is involved in this (its going to be on this new road) and an I know the SJP fire department is anxious for some of these issues to be resolved. I think annexation is coming very soon. Primarily because dealing with the Town will be easier than dealing with the county when it comes to construction etc. Included in the new fire station will be an emergency operations center specifically for SJP.
The county handles all building permit applications, building inspections, certificates of occupancy, etc. for the town.

Old 08-24-2017, 03:01 PM

192 posts, read 165,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post

There have been a few people that that have had issues between the developer and annexation but mostly I think it is trivial but some people do not.

So .... there is a lot of politics going on in the background but I think the road will be open soon.
Annexation is no longer a rubber stamp as it was in the past. State law stopped the business of developers/communities/cities deciding unilaterally that the land should be annexed.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus-NC View Post
Annexation is no longer a rubber stamp as it was in the past. State law stopped the business of developers/communities/cities deciding unilaterally that the land should be annexed.
While thats generally true for forced annexations, in this case its a moot point as the developer of St. James owns the land being annexed. It will be a voluntary annexation.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:18 AM

192 posts, read 165,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
While thats generally true for forced annexations, in this case its a moot point as the developer of St. James owns the land being annexed. It will be a voluntary annexation.
Makes sense - thanks!

Old 08-25-2017, 08:56 PM

87 posts, read 60,244 times
Default Question for coastalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalman View Post
St. James Place: Very, very expensive. And yes, so it seems, always some drama going on...seems to be a requirement to 'find something get exercised about.' My friends from Fairfax, Va moved there ten years ago, after 3 years put their house up for sale, took over 2 years to get a decent offer....It is a beautiful community however, Oak Island is nearby and the beaches. I would make the exploratory trip -BUT, many more great, lower cost housing opportunities in that area. Better be married to golf, talking about golf (women and men), and of course, 'listening to how we did it back home'. Pretty area down there.
I'm another one looking to retire but not a golfer and SJP is a little out of my range. You mention other areas. Can you list a few?

Old 08-26-2017, 07:22 AM

11,319 posts, read 19,940,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registrarln View Post
I'm another one looking to retire but not a golfer and SJP is a little out of my range. You mention other areas. Can you list a few?
Almost everything in Brunswick County is less expensive than St James. Some plantations to look at include: Brunswick Forest, Magnolia Greens, Waterford of the Carolinas, Compass Pointe, Arbor Creek, etc. Please search through the other threads, as this thread is just for St. James.

There is a good web site to compare prices and amenities in various Bruswick County developments: Google "Carolina Plantations".

Old 08-30-2017, 04:25 PM

93 posts, read 168,535 times
SJP is more expensive for a reason ...... consider ALL the amenities. Honestly; it's NOT for everyone. It is for me though. And I'm not one of the northern "come heres" either. I was born in NC but lived mostly in NoVA and Florida. I did a lot of research before relocating from Florida to here.

Gatorbyter

Old 08-31-2017, 05:58 AM

One can get a condo in SJP for $130,000 and lots of houses for under $300,000...its not that expensive.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:41 PM

18 posts, read 30,625 times
Is St. JAMES doing anything special to prepare for the hurricane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina