Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2017, 08:32 AM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times

Advertisements

In addition, there are a plethora of pooch pampering palaces in the area and there are several pooch pampering coaches that deliver their services to your front door.... also several pooch camps for boarding purposes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2017, 03:41 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
Love your descriptive writing style! And the added info is setting my heart to singing. I see a quick scouting visit in my near future.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:35 AM

9 posts, read 19,564 times
We are finally building our dream home in SJP. We bought our property in 2014 and should be breaking ground in January. A few questions as we are entering into this process. We are on a cul-de-sac in the Harborwest section. Is there anything we should review with the site superintendent when we meet in January? Should we have a water treatment system installed or is that something that is unnecessary? We have intention to join the clubs, but want to know if we join Premiere will we have access to the Seaside Pool? Who provides garbage cans/ recycle cans? Do we have to purchase certain types? Does anyone have a landscaping company they recommend? and Housecleaning company? What are your cable and telephone company options/recommendations? Appreciate any advice you can offer. Can't wait to be a part of the St. James Community. We have been coming down to visit for 5 years and it already feels like home.
Dayna and Hugh

Old 11-30-2017, 11:00 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,374,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynab View Post
We are finally building our dream home in SJP. We bought our property in 2014 and should be breaking ground in January. A few questions as we are entering into this process. We are on a cul-de-sac in the Harborwest section. Is there anything we should review with the site superintendent when we meet in January? Should we have a water treatment system installed or is that something that is unnecessary? We have intention to join the clubs, but want to know if we join Premiere will we have access to the Seaside Pool? Who provides garbage cans/ recycle cans? Do we have to purchase certain types? Does anyone have a landscaping company they recommend? and Housecleaning company? What are your cable and telephone company options/recommendations? Appreciate any advice you can offer. Can't wait to be a part of the St. James Community. We have been coming down to visit for 5 years and it already feels like home.
Dayna and Hugh
Can't offer any information you are seeking, just wanted to wish you the best on your dream home. We recently visited St. James, as I have been looking for the past year at the possibility of retiring to that community. It is a beautiful place for sure, just not my cup of tea as the restrictions are more than I can bare. Again, best wishes to you and yours, we have a few more years to go

Old 11-30-2017, 10:51 PM

91 posts, read 179,358 times
Beer belly, SJP not for everyone certainly, but interested in which restrictions were "more that you could bare"?

We bought a lot last summer after a very extensive search spanning 3 years of dozens of communities.

daynab, if you look back a couple pages I asked the same question on water treatment and had some solid responses you might want to review.

On the internet front, the newer parts of SJP have now received fiber optic, so that will be extremely quick service.

Good luck with the build. Have you selected your builder yet?

Steve

Old 12-01-2017, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escaper View Post
Beer belly, SJP not for everyone certainly, but interested in which restrictions were "more that you could bare"?
From what I was told, you cannot leave a car parked in your driveway overnight, was one of them....a little too petty for me. Still, a beautiful community, and the Club House is stunning.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:04 AM

Well.... I suppose I'll get flamed for this one .... but I have to say it anyway .... just exactly how gullible does someone have to be to actually believe such a stupid / ridiculous statement as " you can't park your car in your own driveway overnight " .... made by a stranger .... and most likely at the Tiki Bar ........ and then make a decision on where to live out your years based on such a ridiculous statement without even verifying it ...... ok now have at it.

Last edited by Stonecreek67; 12-01-2017 at 06:13 AM..

Old 12-01-2017, 08:19 AM

93 posts, read 207,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer belly View Post
From what I was told, you cannot leave a car parked in your driveway overnight, was one of them....a little too petty for me. Still, a beautiful community, and the Club House is stunning.
Completely false statement.

Gatorbyter

Old 12-01-2017, 05:21 PM

This is what I was told by the realtor. There is also no on site storage for a Coach or a Boat. I did have a place with a very strict HOA that would not allow a car parked within the complex if it had any primer paint....not even in your driveway. Also could not park RV in driveway for more than 2 hours. No commercial vehicles.....owner of a Plumbing company removed the magnetic signs from his van ( did not look like a commercial type), but had a hood deflector that had " Snakeman " on it and got fined every month

Old 12-01-2017, 05:42 PM

Well BB ...... you CAN park a car in the driveway .... but all the rest you mention do apply here in St James and thank goodness they have these rules .... they are what keep the hillbillies and riff raff out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina